• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

was buttons now ebony, poo question too....

colliewoman

Mama Doe
hi guys, hope its ok to put this here, part chat part asking advice!

this is ebony who arrived yesterday as buttons, she is a scaredy bun so i left her pretty much alone last night and gave her a new house today!
this is her in her old house
buttons011.jpg

with the dustpan brush as a size comparison, i think it is fair to say she is part frenchie (thanks for the help yesterday guys!)
this is her new temporary house she moved into today
buttons2028.jpg

she is ontop of the carrier :roll:
please forgive the cobwebs, me and the spiders have a deal, i leave them alone in the bunnyhouse, they keep the flies away and stay out of my house :shock: me no like spiders :(
dublin has asked if he can have the old house :lol:
buttons2006-1.jpg

today she has had some squidgy poos, and they STINK :shock: :shock: they smell like real poo :shock:
am i correct in assuming that these are caecotrophs? (however you spell it!) she is on a mix fibre a whopping 9% i was told she is a good hay eater, but she hasnt eaten much here yet. she is already getting it stuck to her bum :roll: should i start to wean her to allen an page yet or wait a couple of days?
just cause its teatime i thought i would share a pic of them with you all with a 2p to compare sizes. the little ones are tiny and hard, the big ones are sticky and soft and smelly :?
buttons2004-1.jpg

any advice would be greatfully received!

****! I can't believe she was kept in that :x I had a mouse in that.

I'd reduce the mix first and get her to eat more hay, that should help her bottom.

But definately get off mix and onto A&P :)

Good luck, she's gorgeous :love:

oooh i should have added that she's only 4 months old. would it still be ok to reduce dry food so she eats more hay?
thanks guys!

Can you get any Science Selective. Most Buns, even Babes cope OK with a quick change onto it. I would def' get her off the cereal mix ASAP.
Cant believe the cage she was kept in..... :shock: :roll: :x

Janex

thanks jane!
so if i get some science selective tomorrow she can go straight onto that?
cool!
would it be ok when her tum has settled to wean her onto allen and page natural rabbit?
if no its not a huge problem, but it is easier for me to feed one food to everybun!
i guess the ratties will enjoy the p@h rabbit mix :lol: :lol:
she is much happier in her new house :D the ratties will have the old one as a hospital cage. but then if petshops will sell such things as rabbit homes...... :roll:

Well I put Lord Lopsley straight onto SS without a problem. I have also found SS great for Buns who have 'delicate' tums.
TBH I much prefer SS to A+P. But it is well over twice the price.... :?
I can feel myself weakening though.....ALL my Buns ADORE SS... :roll:

Janex

Back