• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Warning: Fly Strike Edit: Vibes Needed Edit: She is Gone

I can think of nothing worse than being away from my beloved bunnies and hearing that one is so gravely ill. Sending lots of vibes for Bella bun - and for you too. Just try to breathe and take each step at a time. Your OH is there for Bella, and for you, and thus you are still with her in spirit. It doesn't make the physicality of being away from her any easier, but she still has you both (and Bertie too). xxx

Sending you lots of love and support. Having gone through flystrike with my bunny Adam recently, i completely understand how you are feeling. Don't give up. There's still hope. I went through a point of thinking Adam wasn't going to make it and he did...a complete full recovery. Look back at my previous posts...you will see everything xxx Thinking of you all and sending my prayers x

Sending loads and loads of vibes for Bella and I hope her will is strong and she pulls through. I'm sure the vets are fighting her corner and doing all they can. xx

So my beautiful bun went to the Vet and was given Emeprid. The Vet belived Bella was fed up with poking & prodding, and she was sent home again.

OH made her comfy on my blanket and sat with her, as did her beloved bro-bun Bertie.

Suddenly she squeaked twice, and then she passed over the Bridge.

He called me in tears, and we are both in shock. I so wish I could have given her one more nose rub, one more treat, one more bum brush, told her once more how much we love her...

OH is inconsolable, I’m quite numb and we’re both so, so worried about little Bertie. He’s always had his sister by his furry side.

I don’t know what to do - wether I try to get an earlier trip back (I’m due to fly back on Sunday) to be with Bertie or stay here, I don’t know what to say to my OH who blames himself, and I just wish I could hold her.

My poor little bun-bun. I know OH was there, she wasn’t alone, but *I* wasn’t there. I wasn’t there to hold her when she needed me.

And my little Bertie - I don’t know if he’ll cope without Bella. He’ll be so confused. He lay down next to her dead body before OH brought her back to the vet, but I don’t know if he understands she’s not coming back...

Thank you for warm well-wishes; I so with I had a happier update.

Please remember to check your buns an extra time xxx

Oh no :, ( I wasn't expecting this update. I'm so sorry for your loss :( sending hugs xxx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

So my beautiful bun went to the Vet and was given Emeprid. The Vet belived Bella was fed up with poking & prodding, and she was sent home again.

OH made her comfy on my blanket and sat with her, as did her beloved bro-bun Bertie.

Suddenly she squeaked twice, and then she passed over the Bridge.

He called me in tears, and we are both in shock. I so wish I could have given her one more nose rub, one more treat, one more bum brush, told her once more how much we love her...

OH is inconsolable, I’m quite numb and we’re both so, so worried about little Bertie. He’s always had his sister by his furry side.

I don’t know what to do - wether I try to get an earlier trip back (I’m due to fly back on Sunday) to be with Bertie or stay here, I don’t know what to say to my OH who blames himself, and I just wish I could hold her.

My poor little bun-bun. I know OH was there, she wasn’t alone, but *I* wasn’t there. I wasn’t there to hold her when she needed me.

And my little Bertie - I don’t know if he’ll cope without Bella. He’ll be so confused. He lay down next to her dead body before OH brought her back to the vet, but I don’t know if he understands she’s not coming back...

Thank you for warm well-wishes; I so with I had a happier update.

Please remember to check your buns an extra time xxx

I'm so very very sorry to read this sad update :(

Hugs for you and I hope when your head is clear you will know what to do.

Hugs xxx

I am so so sorry to read of this heartbreaking update. Bertie will understand and in some ways it was helpful that Bertie was there when Bella went to the bridge. Binky free beatiful Bella. xx

Back