• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

WANTED: Older Doe

She usually takes in a lot of older buns, and we know these are ex breeding stock because they are BRC rung. People like to dump rabbits as they get older, and she is the kind of breeder that looks after the buns whatever the age. :)

Which rescue is she?

and sorry Jane for taking over your thread:oops:

Thats a good point i will ask her that, dont think she has a name - she has a farm in Staffordshire, she keeps her rabbits in like this massive metal shed thing, most people seem to dump the rabbits outside her shed so when she comes to start haying and watering in the morning she finds rabbits in boxes just dumped. so sad :(

Sorry you said she takes in rabbits when other rescues are full so I got the impression she was known as a rescue:?

And going back to Jane's question..what age would the lady consider as an older doe Jane?

She like helps out other rescues kinda like fostering i suppose, because she has the room. Shes not like a full on registered rescue. Hope that makes sense im confusing myself now :lol:

My friend said most of her oldies are 6 onwards :love:

Jane I know Pootle the 6 year old nethie is still looking for a home :) She is being foster for Tree by CarmenCole, I know she has been looking a long time. She has a few health issues but nothing major :love:

Jane, re-post a new thread at the Rabbit In Need section, also are you near DoorKeeper's area, as they have a lot of buns needs to be rehome, about 125 buns.

PM Doorkeeper and perhaps some1 can do a bunny run?

Jane I know Pootle the 6 year old nethie is still looking for a home :) She is being foster for Tree by CarmenCole, I know she has been looking a long time. She has a few health issues but nothing major :love:

Thank you Liz :)

Jane, re-post a new thread at the Rabbit In Need section, also are you near DoorKeeper's area, as they have a lot of buns needs to be rehome, about 125 buns.

PM Doorkeeper and perhaps some1 can do a bunny run?

Jason, DK would not rehome to this person as its the wrong area :cry:

glad a doe has been found for the woman needing one. older buns are really hard to find. we struggle finding a bunny freind for chelsea as want an older bun she has an aggression issue with males so far all males we have tried her with she doesnt like and attacks things that hump her due to her athritus(i guess she is just too old for that sortv thing) so needs a gentle not frisky bun she has lived with various girl rabbits in her life (she is now 11yrs so anything under 8/9yrs is too young and bouncy really) i feel she will be left out once sooty and coco(if they bond and all signs say yes) bond (sooty and her lived together for a long time but sooty turned on her and they fought no amount of rebonding works for a substancial time) chelsea is neutered any bunys that come up let me know as stil ldebating if too old to put through the bonding process again and if she just as happy with bunnys as neighbours. hmm x

glad a doe has been found for the woman needing one. older buns are really hard to find. we struggle finding a bunny freind for chelsea as want an older bun she has an aggression issue with males so far all males we have tried her with she doesnt like and attacks things that hump her due to her athritus(i guess she is just too old for that sortv thing) so needs a gentle not frisky bun she has lived with various girl rabbits in her life (she is now 11yrs so anything under 8/9yrs is too young and bouncy really) i feel she will be left out once sooty and coco(if they bond and all signs say yes) bond (sooty and her lived together for a long time but sooty turned on her and they fought no amount of rebonding works for a substancial time) chelsea is neutered any bunys that come up let me know as stil ldebating if too old to put through the bonding process again and if she just as happy with bunnys as neighbours. hmm x

Really? I took on my doe when she was 6.5 coz no one wanted her as she was "too old" with a couple of minor health issues, nothing that a decent diet and lots of space to run around in couldn't solve though. It's weird because at the shelter I help out at when you tell people a bun is 2 years plus and normally no more than 4 they ask if there's anything younger.

Thought I'd better update. Thanks to Liz highlighting Pootle on this thread, I have adopted her for my old buck Winston. Carmen very kindly brought her up to Nottingham on Tuesday so we could introduce them, and they hit it off straight away :D

Thought I'd better update. Thanks to Liz highlighting Pootle on this thread, I have adopted her for my old buck Winston. Carmen very kindly brought her up to Nottingham on Tuesday so we could introduce them, and they hit it off straight away :D

Thats fantastic :D I hope theres going to some piccies;) I love nethies wayyyy too much :love::love:

Back