• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Vibes needed for Phillip and Britney

Really hope everything is ok with Phillip. It couldn't be behavioural? ie linked to bonding with girls

That did cross my mind but then he was doing it before the vet visit when they were fully bonded, and he also went through a period of doing it not long after we first adopted him in 2018 (living alone then). Just seems to be coincidence sadly :(

That's great that the three of them are back together. =) I'm sorry, though, that Phillip has become incontinent again... Lots of vibes for him.

Sorry that Phillip has become incontinent again. I hope you get some positive news from the vets regarding an ultrasound.

Does anyone know if urine infections can be passed back and forth between rabbits?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know if urine infections can be passed back and forth between rabbits?

Unlikely. Is Phillip on a diuretic due to his heart problems ? If so the dose may need adjusting. Has he had a PCR test for EC ?

Unlikely. Is Phillip on a diuretic due to his heart problems ? If so the dose may need adjusting. Has he had a PCR test for EC ?

Yes he is on frusol twice daily. The dose has been the same since he was diagnosed several years back.

He was also diagnosed with EC around that same time.

Yes he is on frusol twice daily. The dose has been the same since he was diagnosed several years back.

He was also diagnosed with EC around that same time.

Might be worth asking if his dose needs altering and if a 28 day course of Panacur may be appropriate. If he does have Panacur the other 2 Bunnies will need it too x

Just spoke to the head vet at our local surgery. He’s going to try a conscious ultrasound a week on Thursday (earliest they can do) and B&W can both go in with him. He’ll scan his bladder and do a quick scan of his heart to see if the frusol dose needs to be adjusted. Then we go from there. He said a urine sample would be good but understood that wasn’t likely :lol:

Just spoke to the head vet at our local surgery. He’s going to try a conscious ultrasound a week on Thursday (earliest they can do) and B&W can both go in with him. He’ll scan his bladder and do a quick scan of his heart to see if the frusol dose needs to be adjusted. Then we go from there. He said a urine sample would be good but understood that wasn’t likely :lol:

Hope all will go well for him x

How did our beautiful boy get on ?

Thanks for asking - he’s not had it done yet though. It’s this coming Thursday. Just crossing my fingers it won’t get canceled because of the lockdown!

Thanks for asking - he’s not had it done yet though. It’s this coming Thursday. Just crossing my fingers it won’t get canceled because of the lockdown!

I think I'm in a different time zone - whoops. Hope it goes ahead too - i think vets are advised to carry on with their whole range of care this time

All dropped off this morning. The look on the vet nurse’s face when she realised there were 3 bunnies in the carrier :lol:

Then the look on B&W’s faces as the nurse took the carrier away. Their faces pressed up through the bars, paws up, with faces that said “you’ll pay for this later” [emoji38]

Thanks everyone. Just picked them all up on my lunch break. Three very grumpy bunnies especially the one with the shaved side [emoji38][emoji38] but they did manage to do the conscious ultrasound which is great (and cheaper!!)

So no bladder/kidney stones found but his bladder and kidneys are both very big which the vet thinks is an effect of the diuretic with the EC making it worse. He checked his heart on the ultrasound too and said the fluid looks almost normal levels at the moment so is reducing his frusol dose. I have to monitor for 2 weeks to see if his breathing or general demeanor changes alongside whether it impacts the incontinence and we will go from there.

that sounds a sensible theory & approach - not that I know anything about it. Lots more vibes. Hope the meds juggling helps x

Back