• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for my Jelly please!

Are they giving her gut mobility as well as the syringe feed?

Arnie got his stasis 9pm on a wednesday and was taken in for his first injection that evening. I syringe fed him overnight. By the next morning he still didn't want to eat on his own or poop. He has another jab at 10am, followed by another later in the afternoon with frequent syringe feeds and tummy massages.

When we returned from the vets I had a big salad ready for him to choose what he wanted and he ate all of it :shock: It was such a turn around. If he didn't start eating by that evening he was going to go in for xrays and bloods. He didn't start pooping until the next day though and even then wasn't himself for a while after.

It takes time and she is far better at the vets than at home without your mum.

It might be worth asking your mum to pop in with stuff like dandilion, parsely, basil and her other favourite stuff in hope she might pick at it.

It must be extremely painful for bunnies with stasis, as soon as the pain eases I'm sure she'll start making up for lost time :D

if shes being fed every hour etc, do u think they would mind if i rang at 10pm??

i phoned at 6 n they said they would ring me tomorrow morning but i just want to be updated, will they be annoyed?

if shes at your normal vets theres a good chance noone will answer hun, itll go stragiht to an answer machine message telling peeps about out of hours vets. if it is the vets that doubles up as emergancy they wont mind, theyll be used to worried people phoning all the time..

hope she recovers soon hun xxxxx

if you are worried about her then give them a ring hun...she's your bunny and you love her, they can't get annoyed about that. sending loads of vibes for Jelly

if shes at your normal vets theres a good chance noone will answer hun, itll go stragiht to an answer machine message telling peeps about out of hours vets. if it is the vets that doubles up as emergancy they wont mind, theyll be used to worried people phoning all the time..

hope she recovers soon hun xxxxx

it was a recorded message telling me to phone vets now, so i phoned them as i think thats where she is at the moment, and they answered and said shes eating a little bit, no poopies but she has eaten :)

Awww poor Jelly, so sorry to hear she's poorly :cry: Good news that she's eaten a bit - if it's going in then hopefully it will start coming out the other end soon too! Fingers crossed she'll be right as rain in the morning :)

update

hi everyone! she is pooeing and eating now, but she cant come home til tomorrow because she still has an impaction in her tummy, and until its moved they wont let her come home, but they hope it will move in the next 24 hours

xx

Only just been able to log on...was really hoping for good news on Jelly. I bet she'll be home real soon :) :)
well you will be happy to know she is being a sod. beating up the cage, thumping, bcus they took her man away from her for a few hours lol!

as soon as they reunited them she was happy lol!!

hopefully she is coming home tomorrow, they said that considering she had been fine just a fe whours before, it was very good my mum got her in when she did cus it was happening so quickly!

go mummy!

Yaay it is always a good sign when they start being feisty again! How dare they take Peanut away from her :lol: :lol: :lol:

Your mum is a star from looking after them so well

Back