• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for Homer please-u/d little monkey again

i've only just seen this! sorry homer is poorly. hoping he picks up soon xxxx

i never rule out dentals now, no matter how long its been as when eric had one in the summer, a different vet did it and and he needed another just over 3 weeks later - when our usual vet does it, he can go for 4 months between them!

Oh nooo another sick bunny! Sending you lots of vibes from me and my bunnies... I know how your feeling as one of my babies are in the vets very poorly to right now... :(

Don't know much about the one with a B :?

Both Artie and Rudy have been given a painkiller called Buprecare. It's morphine based and does leave them drowsy for a few hours, hopefully that's the reason he's quiet... if that's what he's had.

Last edited:
Hope Homer feels better soon x

(Buprenorphine is an opiate and as Bunny Buddy has said can make some buns very drowsy and unresponsive. However it is an excellent pain killer, but it does also slow the guts a bit so waking bun up and getting them to eat is important)

We are back from the vets. He has had another throrough check over, she spotted an ulcer which "could" be the problem. His molars look OK. We have more bayril for the holiday and metacam so we start on that tomorrow morning (he was given some today). She did exlain that vetergesic could slow down the gut.

He did refuse a fenugreek before we left for the vet :shock:

Now I know he had vetergesic, it explains his quietness more too. I will keep him moving to help things.

Thank you all for your support and vibes.

Keepong up the vibes. At least you know why he's drowsy now. Hope he will do some nomming to keep things moving.

We are back from the vets. He has had another throrough check over, she spotted an ulcer which "could" be the problem. His molars look OK. We have more bayril for the holiday and metacam so we start on that tomorrow morning (he was given some today). She did exlain that vetergesic could slow down the gut.

He did refuse a fenugreek before we left for the vet :shock:

Now I know he had vetergesic, it explains his quietness more too. I will keep him moving to help things.

Thank you all for your support and vibes.

I have to avoid Nino having this drug unless his bloat is really bad and he needs it. He literally dozes off in the tray mid eating or on my lap or even standing up sometimes and keeping him awake and alert and eating can be a real struggle. But doing so really helps push that tummy along even if it feels cruel and he looks tired, we wake him up every half hour and make him eat or syringe feed him.

Well, he seems a little brighter but still lying down a lot. He is eating (including pellets now) and pooping. We are still keeping a very close eye on him and will continue to get him to drink/eat and move around.

Thanks again for all your vibes, I'm sure they are helpoing him through this.

Are you home for all of Christmas and New Year Sandra? Let me know if there is anything I can do to help, if you need me to pop up or anything

Are you home for all of Christmas and New Year Sandra? Let me know if there is anything I can do to help, if you need me to pop up or anything

Thanks for the offer Kath, very kind of you.

I had a gut feeling something like this would happen so asked my sister on Monday if she would mind if we did dinner.

I am giving him nose kisses (rather than nose rubs) from everyone as he likes them, his teeth started to chatter :love: I got kisses back too :love::love::love:

Thanks for the offer Kath, very kind of you.

I had a gut feeling something like this would happen so asked my sister on Monday if she would mind if we did dinner.

Oh thats ok then :D give me a shout if you do anything for your b'day and need someone to check on him

Oh thats ok then :D give me a shout if you do anything for your b'day and need someone to check on him

Ah, thank you. I think we are only going to party round the corner at New Year so can pop back to check up on them. Was considering lakes a few weeks ago and then the weather and now this.:roll:

Homer has improved over the last couple of days and today appears to be fully back to his "normal" self i.e being a little monkey and giving his Mum lots of kisses :love::love::love:

The weather here has warmed up a bit today too which is good news (but we still won't be letting him out in the garden).

Just wanted to thank everyone for their support (especially at such a busy time).

Thats great :D The forecast is for at least 1c even overnight for the next week so hopefully that will help

Back