• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for Funkymum's Daisy

thank you tracey, this was so kind of you.

i rang at 6 this evening. they said that daisy was still putting up a fight, but very poorly. and that they were running tests. i believed they had had to sedate her at one point, to allow treatment and that she is on pain relief, and cream for a slightly sore foot. they said to ring back at 12 tomorrow.

so i am just keeping everything crossed for her. they seemed confident at the rspca centre that they knew what they were doing, the vet is a keen rabbit owner, and so i have just had to lay my trust in her. will update tomorrow evening, when i know any more. xxx

Wishing your beautiful girl the very best. Must be so hard on you after losing Yoyo. Big hug xxx

well daisy is home, but clearly not herself, whether this is to do with being poorly or because she lost her husbun, i havnt yet worked out.

she is on flamazine cream twice a day, metacam once a day, Baytril twice a day and panacar once a day. I still dont really understand what is wrong with her, but she is eating and pooping now, so that is a good sign. she has also had her bottom area shaved, to make cleaning alot easier. she appears to be incontinent, and there is some question mark over if they be a problem with her bladder. the vet wants her back in 7 days, or before if she worsens, so he can check some more things out.

They also said she was underweight, i dont know what her actual weight is, i will ask when i go back next week. but she eats loads and loads, so how can i help her gain weight. on a normal day she has fresh veggies, quite alot, 2 regular bowls of burgess excel pellets and unlimited hay.

just glad she is home.

Sorry to hear she's so poorly but im glad she's home - hoping that familiar environment will help her :)

Has the vet run any bloods or anything at all, specifically perhaps for EC or any UTI's?

Thought about Daisy last night and glad shes home.
Perhaps in her proper environment she will come round.She is going to miss her man, maybe you could consider getting her a husbun when youre all ready??
What did the vet actually diagnose?? What tests did he do??

i am not too sure, i felt very out of my depth, being handed all these medicines! i should have asked more question. i read on the notes follow up appointment next week or before if needed for bladder disease?

they said she had a urine infection. and that due to the constant weeing and siiting in it, had a sore bum. which i hadnt noticed as her fur was so long. they also said i needed to up her diet. she is a french lop, so a rather large bunny. wen i take her back i have alot of questions, think i was just paniking about how to give her the medicine.

Lots & lots of vibes, I hope Daisy is back to her normal self soon. What a stressful time for you.x.

Well, it sounds like all can be fixed, and you can either ring and have a chat with the vet asking the questions you want to ask or you can hang out till next week.
Youve also got us lot on here to ask stuff, including asking some owners of big bunnies what they feed their bunnies to keep up weight etc.

Im glad Daisy is still with us.Youve had a really rubbish time lately.

And youre in touch with our very own Dolittle when it comes to Sky-O.:thumb::thumb::love:

I'm very glad to hear Daisy is home and hopefully on the mend. It can take a while to adjust to giving meds but you'll move into a routine nicely :) I hope she keeps improving.

Back