• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for Foxie- u/d not going ahead.

Thanks guys! :love:

Big anti-climax... the vets have decided they don't want to operate on him today. Since we dropped him off he hasn't stopped sneezing apparently. Considering I haven't heard him sneeze for a couple of days I am a bit surprised, but glad that they noticed and decided not to go ahead.

They are going to put him on a two week course of anti-biotics before they operate. He's been on two different types on three occassions, and they are going to try a different type. Then we are going to take him for another check up and if he has improved then they will book him in for castration that week.

My dad and I are going to get him at 4:30pm, as I can't drive (I'm nearly 22, so I really should get a move on and learn!)

Glad to hear that they decided against the op. The worsening of his snuffles will probably be due to stress. The car journey and being in a strange place often sets them off again. As you know, snuffles is always there and rears it's ugly head when they get stressed or a little unwell. Hopefully the antibiotics will help him and he can have the op!

Just a suggestion, but at this time of years even neutered bunnies go a bit "crazy". It's Spring Fever. They tend to argue more, hump like mad and chase each other a lot. Sometimes bonds can break completely because of their behaviour. With a bun that isn't neutered, it can be 10 times worse! This sounds like what is going on with Foxie. I would think that if he doesn't get neutered, you will have this problem every year! :shock:

Both my buns are neutered and they have been chasing and grunting like mad. :roll: They have also been very grumpy, especially Fiver, since he is also moulting! He even bit me the other day!! :evil: Little ******.

Glad to hear that they decided against the op. The worsening of his snuffles will probably be due to stress. The car journey and being in a strange place often sets them off again. As you know, snuffles is always there and rears it's ugly head when they get stressed or a little unwell. Hopefully the antibiotics will help him and he can have the op!

Just a suggestion, but at this time of years even neutered bunnies go a bit "crazy". It's Spring Fever. They tend to argue more, hump like mad and chase each other a lot. Sometimes bonds can break completely because of their behaviour. With a bun that isn't neutered, it can be 10 times worse! This sounds like what is going on with Foxie. I would think that if he doesn't get neutered, you will have this problem every year! :shock:

Both my buns are neutered and they have been chasing and grunting like mad. :roll: They have also been very grumpy, especially Fiver, since he is also moulting! He even bit me the other day!! :evil: Little ******.

I think you are right about the stress, it won't have done it any good. :(

Yeah, flippin spring! My first pair of bunnies I had when I was a child till I was 19, and they got Spring Fever every year. Foxie is so chilled out compared to them, they were always much more 'humpy' although they were both done when young. Hopefully in a fortnight the snuffles will have calmed down and we can go ahead with the op.
If not, I don't know what to do because having him going for the cats is dangerous- he's having to spend more of the day shut in the run rather than free-ranging when we can't watch him. We may have to look at alternative treatments or risk the GA anyway. I'm bringing him in for his meds now, it's been 3 months since the last course so let's see how well that goes... :lol:

Here are some pics of him on the journey home- http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/s...oxie-scares-mummy-playing-dead!-(photo-heavy)

Edit- Fiver looks so cute btw, definitely looks like he has a cheeky face though! :lol: :love:

I think you are right about the stress, it won't have done it any good. :(

Yeah, flippin spring! My first pair of bunnies I had when I was a child till I was 19, and they got Spring Fever every year. Foxie is so chilled out compared to them, they were always much more 'humpy' although they were both done when young. Hopefully in a fortnight the snuffles will have calmed down and we can go ahead with the op.
If not, I don't know what to do because having him going for the cats is dangerous- he's having to spend more of the day shut in the run rather than free-ranging when we can't watch him. We may have to look at alternative treatments or risk the GA anyway. I'm bringing him in for his meds now, it's been 3 months since the last course so let's see how well that goes... :lol:

Here are some pics of him on the journey home- http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/s...oxie-scares-mummy-playing-dead!-(photo-heavy)

Edit- Fiver looks so cute btw, definitely looks like he has a cheeky face though! :lol: :love:

Omg you Foxie is a stunner. :love: How lovely that he was so relaxed with you. :love: I really do hope he manages to have the op. Could you not make a larger enclosure for him so that he can't get to the cats? Or shut the cats in when he is free ranging? :)

Fiver is beyond cheeky! :lol: He is a complete monster!! But he's my monster. :love:

Omg you Foxie is a stunner. :love: How lovely that he was so relaxed with you. :love: I really do hope he manages to have the op. Could you not make a larger enclosure for him so that he can't get to the cats? Or shut the cats in when he is free ranging? :)

Fiver is beyond cheeky! :lol: He is a complete monster!! But he's my monster. :love:

Thank you! =D I think he is too :)
Our run is open topped, made of fence, so the cats can jump in if they want (we only use it when we are mowing the lawn or my little sister's friends are playing in the garden). Both of my cats love the rabbits, and will choose to sleep near them usually, and 'hang out' with them where ever they are in the garden. For that reason the 'run' we put him in when he's getting too mental has to be small enough that the cats don't like being in it- we had to make it smaller as Sachmis kept going in to hang out with him and then getting confused when he jumped her :lol: She was so shocked the first time she didn't even stand up to shake him off :roll:
It's not small-small though, just compared to when he gets the whole garden. It's attached to his two tier 6' hutch, and is about 8' by 6.5'. And when someone is home- most of the time that's all day- he gets the whole garden still (they get let out at 5am when my dad wakes up and put away at 9pm when the sun goes down), so he isn't really bothered atm :lol: But it's a hassle for us... Hopefully all will be well in a fortnight :D

Haha, cheeky buns are the best! I don't think I'd like Foxie as much if he were well behaved :lol: I'm trying to get Bella to be a bit more confident, but she's a timid thing! Spending the first 6 months of her life shut in an indoor cage being ignored will do that to a bunny I guess :(

He's a cutie.

The vets sound great anyway so hopefully when he has his op he will be fighting fit and you will be less worried.

Back