• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

VHD2 Vaccine done update

It's in!!

I could have had it today but I'm away for a few days and can't keep an eagle eye just incase. Appointment booked immediately on my return :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's in!!

I could have had it today but I'm away for a few days and can't keep an eagle eye just incase. Appointment booked immediately on my return :)

Hector will be pleased - not about the jab but the longer term forage rewards :)

Three of mine were vaccinated yesterday - all seem absolutely fine (touchwood). Was dithering given their ages but given I back onto fields and the moors which have a wildie population I decided that I would be foolish not to. I have not seen any wildies this year so far - I don't know if this is significant or not. I don't use my nearest vets so have no feedback on potential outbreaks around here.

Three of mine were vaccinated yesterday - all seem absolutely fine (touchwood). Was dithering given their ages but given I back onto fields and the moors which have a wildie population I decided that I would be foolish not to. I have not seen any wildies this year so far - I don't know if this is significant or not. I don't use my nearest vets so have no feedback on potential outbreaks around here.

glad they seem fine, mabel has had hers this morning, she is fine to munching away at her hay again

Mavis had her jab yesterday. She was fine at first, but had an hour where she didn't really eat and was quite subdued about 10 hours after she'd had the jab. Just as I was about to ring OOH vet, she perked up again and started eating. Don't know if it was linked to the jab, but thought I'd mention it anyway.
She has been fine today so far *touches wood*

2 of mine (Che & Alexandra) go in for theirs tomorrow, Nicholas is being neutered & will have his in 2-3 weeks.

So glad you got Mabel done :) Our little guy has been fine after his, but he does have a very small lump where the vaccine was given. This is normal according to the leaflet xx

My 2 had it about an hour ago - will keep an eye on them tonight. The vets said the vaccine manufacturer recommends every 6 months but they feel every year should be sufficient - they will obviously do it every 6 months if I choose to.

So glad you got Mabel done :) Our little guy has been fine after his, but he does have a very small lump where the vaccine was given. This is normal according to the leaflet xx

how long after did you feel little lump will check mabel tonight when she has her brush session and tooth cleaned

My 2 had it about an hour ago - will keep an eye on them tonight. The vets said the vaccine manufacturer recommends every 6 months but they feel every year should be sufficient - they will obviously do it every 6 months if I choose to.

think the RWAF vet states 6months high risk areas yearly otherwise

Back