• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Very sad, last day with Mr Bun

I had a telephone call from the owners Thanking me for looking after him so well. They are going to get him a new hutch and I kept saying how hutches are horrible in the winter as they arn't very practical. I told her that was why we invested in a playhouse and how much more interaction would be possible out of the cold and rain.
She seems OK, she said he sometimes has a run round her kitchen sun room. I also said how lovely it is for them to live in a pair for company and about the rabbit rescues that would help bond him once he is neutered.
I offered my help again if every she was going away again. And she said we could pop up anytime to come and say hello. As they work all day they most proberbly won't be in but we can just go round and see him.
So, although disappointed we wont be able to love Mr Bun as our own (who's real name is Prince Fauntleroy)

That is a happy 'half way through the book'!! I suspect they think that you will not go up and that you will loose interest - but make sure you do go up and then i am SURE that he will eventually be yours! or at the very least they will realise that someone else cares so much that they will HAVE to treat him very very well! and then there will be a happy ending one way or another!.

Aw, sounds like they do care and maybe if you take some photos round of your set up it may bring them round to a wendy house and a friend for him. Love his name.:love:

We all have to learn and the fact that they are listening to your advice is good. My knowledge of rabbits has increased greatly since being on here. Its good to help people understand more about rabbits. Well done. sue:wave:

I think they're think twice now about his health etc...since you can call anytime to see him...I wouldn't think they'd let you see him uncared for again...heres hoping:D...well done though...I'd also pop something in his hutch so they know you've been ie toy or wood chew;)

I think they're think twice now about his health etc...since you can call anytime to see him...I wouldn't think they'd let you see him uncared for again...heres hoping:D...well done though...I'd also pop something in his hutch so they know you've been ie toy or wood chew;)

Thats such a good idea! a toy or something else little everytime you go.

Thanks everyone.
We will definatley be taking him goodies. Still hope they dont offer him wet food and hay. I got the impression they left it at the side of his hutch?
And if he is sat on dirty bedding or something when we went up my heart would go out to him but cant really do anything now? I rabbled a bit on the phone too so dont know if she was just being polite, but she did say she'd buy the kids some sweets as a Thank you :wave:

Back