• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Very sad, last day with Mr Bun

aaahhhhh . .

maybe you can tell the other owners that you and your daughter fell in love so much with Mr Bun that you wondered if maybe you could come and see him again??? They are BOUND to offer him to you!

aaahhhhh . .

maybe you can tell the other owners that you and your daughter fell in love so much with Mr Bun that you wondered if maybe you could come and see him again??? They are BOUND to offer him to you!

I doubt it, why get rid of such a lovely little Man? Don't think I'd be that lucky. But I might ask to go say hello again to him, and then judge the situation?
I must be feeling more brave

I doubt it, why get rid of such a lovely little Man? Don't think I'd be that lucky. But I might ask to go say hello again to him, and then judge the situation?
I must be feeling more brave

Nothing ventured,nothing gained.:D
You can ask and hopefully they will say yes.:love:

Take your little girl with you...gorgeous by the way....let her pull on their heart strings....you just never know!! :D

I just found out from a neighbour today that their last rabbit died while they were away on holiday:(
The house and garden is very nice. A bit more upmarket than mine:lol: They have lots of rabbit statues and bits around, which makes me think they love their 'Mr Bun', maybe they need better advice on his care and needs?
I already feel I've overstepped the mark by rearranging their set-up. But it's like I told my friend, I'm only thinking about Mr Bun and his needs. Hopefully it might make them think about his needs too. He couldnt get off the wet grass before, (what was left of it) it was very water logged.
I would love to leave some fresh hay but there is nowhere dry to leave it?
I also am very scared of coming across pratronising?
Mr Bun
070.jpg

Rearranged his setup, feeling much happier
077.jpg

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mr Bun is the double of my Lucy!!!! :love::love: Your little girl is sweet x x x Thank you for taking care of Mr Bun x x

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mr Bun is the double of my Lucy!!!! :love::love: Your little girl is sweet x x x Thank you for taking care of Mr Bun x x

Ohhh just seen pics of Lucy, yes they look very a like, adorable little soft buns. Beautiful.
By the way, my daughter said "His tails keeps bouncing up and down Mummy"
Mmmm, wellllllllll, errrrrrrrrr, he's humping the ball :oops:

Can I offer you a piece of advice from my own past?

My other half's cousin had a rabbit and I knew he wasn't being looked after properly, I would clean him etc while I was round but I was always too scared to ask if I could have him. I joked about it but I don't think they realised I was serious. She got bored of him and one winter he died. :cry:

I know if only I'd plucked up the courage to ask, maybe he'd still be alive and with me now. I will never make that mistake again. Just be brave and ask, if they get mad you never have to see them again. Imaging how you'd feel if in a few months time your friend told you Mr Bun had died in the cold and wet? Don't make my mistake. :(

Can I offer you a piece of advice from my own past?

My other half's cousin had a rabbit and I knew he wasn't being looked after properly, I would clean him etc while I was round but I was always too scared to ask if I could have him. I joked about it but I don't think they realised I was serious. She got bored of him and one winter he died. :cry:

I know if only I'd plucked up the courage to ask, maybe he'd still be alive and with me now. I will never make that mistake again. Just be brave and ask, if they get mad you never have to see them again. Imaging how you'd feel if in a few months time your friend told you Mr Bun had died in the cold and wet? Don't make my mistake. :(

aw hun, how sad :cry:

I think I would leave a note with your details saying you and your daughter loved helping your friend and fell in love with the Mr Bun and you wondered if you might bring your little girl to see him again? You could say you would be willing to mind him another time . just keep in contact.
They may well be fond of him but mistakenly think they are giving him freedom by not putting him in the hutch.
You have done well to care for him.sue:wave:

I had a telephone call from the owners Thanking me for looking after him so well. They are going to get him a new hutch and I kept saying how hutches are horrible in the winter as they arn't very practical. I told her that was why we invested in a playhouse and how much more interaction would be possible out of the cold and rain.
She seems OK, she said he sometimes has a run round her kitchen sun room. I also said how lovely it is for them to live in a pair for company and about the rabbit rescues that would help bond him once he is neutered.
I offered my help again if every she was going away again. And she said we could pop up anytime to come and say hello. As they work all day they most proberbly won't be in but we can just go round and see him.
So, although disappointed we wont be able to love Mr Bun as our own (who's real name is Prince Fauntleroy)

At least it's a fairly happy ending. You can keep checking up on him and your daughter can see him. :D

I had a telephone call from the owners Thanking me for looking after him so well. They are going to get him a new hutch and I kept saying how hutches are horrible in the winter as they arn't very practical. I told her that was why we invested in a playhouse and how much more interaction would be possible out of the cold and rain.
She seems OK, she said he sometimes has a run round her kitchen sun room. I also said how lovely it is for them to live in a pair for company and about the rabbit rescues that would help bond him once he is neutered.
I offered my help again if every she was going away again. And she said we could pop up anytime to come and say hello. As they work all day they most proberbly won't be in but we can just go round and see him.
So, although disappointed we wont be able to love Mr Bun as our own (who's real name is Prince Fauntleroy)

Your a star!:)

How nice that they were prepared to listen to suggestions :wave: It certainly does sound like they love him very much, they just may have been left in the past a little bit with regards to bunny care.

I hope that they consider the changes you suggested and put them into place to make Mr Bun's/Prince Fauntleroy's life is as good as it can be :D

Back