• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Urgent vibes for Crumps PLEASE U/D it's bloat.. U/D he's at the bridge

Thankyou everyone for your kind words xx

Me and my OH are distraught, Crumpet is my best friend :love:
my poor baby was only about 7 months old, they think it was hereditary :cry:

Crumpet has let us know he's okay though.. A rainbow has been shining through our window right onto his cage and the floor where he has spent all his life binkying on and flopping out.. So I'm happy he's okay and happy at the bridge xxx

That is wonderful:love: Have fun at the bridge little man:love:

So sorry - this is very much what happened to our Quickthorn - one minute fine literally next minute collapsed. then it led to stassis but really it was neurological and despite treating with everything to keep his system going he shut down and left us 48 hours later.

I was so very very sad.

vets thought it was EC related and it had just very sadly hit an essential part of the nervous system in the brain.

I still can't believe this is happening :cry: I can't believe this thread is about my baby :cry::cry::cry:

thankyou so much everyone, it's really helped me through today :wave:

We keep walking past his cage expecting to see him bounce up and say hello and get a fenugreek crunchie and a noserub! I'm so sad that he couldn't have had longer to enjoy life, he loved every second.

Crumps I love and miss you, I can't believe you're gone xxx

I've only just read this thread as been ill. I'm so sorry, Binky free little Crumps. Every rainbow will remind mummy of you, sending massive hugs to you.xxx

So sorry - this is very much what happened to our Quickthorn - one minute fine literally next minute collapsed. then it led to stassis but really it was neurological and despite treating with everything to keep his system going he shut down and left us 48 hours later.

I was so very very sad.

vets thought it was EC related and it had just very sadly hit an essential part of the nervous system in the brain.

aww I'm so sorry you lost Quickthorn like that! :(

His illness sounds very similar to Crumpets :cry: we have ruled out EC as he was panacured only about a month and a half ago, he's also been vaccd for everything and was so healthy, which I guess makes it so much harder to accept..
The vet is sure it was a congenital defect and it could have hit at any time :cry:

We tried everything, and he hung on for us bless him but his vital organs were starting to shut down and the vet thought he may suffer from blood poisoning if we waited too much longer. I'm so grateful of the time we did have :love: xxx

I've only just read this thread as been ill. I'm so sorry, Binky free little Crumps. Every rainbow will remind mummy of you, sending massive hugs to you.xxx

Thankyou, they certainly will :love: bless him he always knew how to make me happy :love:

Back