• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Urgent vibes for Crumps PLEASE U/D it's bloat.. U/D he's at the bridge

I hope Crumpet makes a full recovery- it is possible:
One of mine spent about 5 days in a state of flaccid paralysis but she recovered rapidly. She was treated with a one-off steroid injection (steroids are not without risks so many vets use non steroidal anti inflammatories instead) then was put on iv fluids and given a course of panacur and septrin antibiotic. She needed to be kept warm and syringe fed until she was able to sit up.
The vet thinks it was most likely E. cuniculi but I opted for treatment rather than tests so don't know for sure.
Vibes for Crumpet xx

Keith did a similar thing but it was obvious what was wrong- he was in a big pool of diarrhea.
He wasn't responding to me touching just sprawled out. I rushed him straight to the vet who said he wasn't likely to make it but we'd give it a go, and one injection of antibiotics later he was back to life. Within 3 days he was like a new bunny.
Really hope yours will be a little fighter like my Keith. xxx

Thank you both for your stories, its giving me and my OH lots of hope:) He is a fighter I know it, I just hope he will relax and come out of the shock.

xx

Hokay, just spoke to the vets for a checkup and apparently there is no news, he has become "a very little bit more responsive"

we are back in again at 5 to discuss our options. I'm sick with worry, I just want my baby to be okay :cry:

Hello all,

we have just got back from the vets and they have diagnosed bloat :shock: they have him on an IV, gut motility drugs and pain relief and are syringe feeding him :(

i'm even more terrified in a way now I know what it is :cry:

good news though, he was more responsive when we were with him, he even tried to get up at the sound of his treats bag crinkling.. Albeit he couldn't, but there was a definite reaction.

Please if you have any more advice and vibes send them our way!
He's a fighter! So he has that on his side and of course all of our love, and a very good vet too.

Thanks to everyone for their kindness so far :love:

Thankyou! I can't think about anything else other than him! I wish I could be there with him now to cuddle him and give him a noserub:love:

I hope my baby is comfy and relaxing :love:

Tomorrow morning can't come soon enough so we can find out how he is x

Poor Crumps. Has the vet been able to rule out an obstruction?
I hope he is home and well again soon xx

:cry: I can't really type I'm crying so much but it isn't good news.. We are going to see him soon :cry:

his kidneys and liver etc are failing and they aren't sure if there's something neurological going on too :cry:

he's my best friend :cry::cry::cry:

Back