• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Spare vibes for Lillian please

Oh Craig, what a worrying time, but your vets sound amazing and really on the ball. Hope Lillian is soon back home with her family xxxx

Update at 12:30. O/h now driving to vets. Lillian’s temperature down to 39.4 which the vet is happier about. We are to make sure Lillian eats every 4 hours and administer critical care if she doesn’t eat every 4 hours. And give metacam. That’s as much as I know for now. Oh, and we need to remortgage the house to pay the bill.
But Lillian’s health is worth every penny I have. Henry will be so pleased to have his snuggle monster back and thankfully the heavy rain here will mean no garden time so they can just chill this afternoon.
Will update when I know more.

I’m so glad she is able to come home:love: vibes being sent for her continued recovery:thumb:

I'm so glad she's coming home :) sending you and her a million vibes xx

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Really pleased she's coming home. I'm sure she'll do much better once she's back in a familiar environment with you and Henry xx

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

U/d from o/h who is still recovering from the bill, is that Lillian looks very lively and extremely comfortable, happy and content. Apparently Lillian was bursting for a pee in the familiar surroundings of her indoor en suite and I’m getting updates as I type. Lillian is starving hungry (no change there then) and according to o/h, “eating like there is no tomorrow”. she has to back at 8:30 tomorrow for a further check up. I must say that above everything else, our vets are incredibly professional and thorough and in my view, worth their weight in gold.
Thank you all so much again
Craig and Lillianxxx

Lillian is under the living room table with Henry close at hand, Henry joining in with the demolition of a plate of fresh greens, celery and celeriac stalks and parsley. Lillian is eating 3 mouthfuls to Henry’s one!

Lillian is under the living room table with Henry close at hand, Henry joining in with the demolition of a plate of fresh greens, celery and celeriac stalks and parsley. Lillian is eating 3 mouthfuls to Henry’s one!

UkIwm1Y.gif

RfLRndA.gif

Last edited:
Evening update - and firstly thank you everyone for such amazing kind, thoughtful supportive words - and Mike - that is a fantastic image - I can't beat that.
So, you all want an update on things. Lillian is presently snuggled under the table with Henry practically 'growing' out of her. You couldn't get a piece of paper between them. According to my wife, when Lillian came home, Henry bolted in to the living room and spent - and wait for this, an hour grooming her. So much so, my wife gave Henry a syringe of water because she was so worried about him.
Lillian has eaten several times, cleared a plate of greens, pinched celery stalks out of Henrys mouth and cleared off some dried food. She has been to the toilet but I have not checked it yet. I only cleaned them out this morning.
Lillian seems quiet - hardy surprising, but she is clearly pleased to be back in what she regards as home for her.
When I observe the rabbits, it is quite intruiging to realise that actually, despite what some people think regading rabbits, they clearly identify and recognise and clearly they have the awareness and capacity to identify somewhere they feel safe at, comfortable at. I will never know Lillians past - I cannot dig that far, but she clearly harbours some deep uncomfortable memories about where she was and although we've now had her exactly 2 years, she has clearly made a decision that this is home for her and it is a place she feels safe. Henry just completes that equation.
Lillian is a little subdued - which is perfectly understandible. She has spent 24 hours in a very strange, bustling place, with bright lights, unfamiliar smells and sounds and been prodded, injected and her dignity abused with a thermometer! So she is behaving like anyone would - in my opinion. Again, quite intruiging.
She is to return to the vets tomorrow for some bayrtil and another medication, and we have meds to give her tonight to continue gut stimulation.
I'll be at work but the O/H is pretty thorough when she interrogates anyone so she'll ask all the right questions.
It's also interesting that we often place our greatest thoughts on the pet that is unwell, and yet conversely it is the remaining pet that actually also suffers in thier own way. Henry has been hit really hard - he cannot understand the events of yesterday and taking Lillian away and it has really thrown him. We think he probably refrained from eating much - he only nibbled when we were around, and has been looking and waiting for his wife-bun to come back. In much the same way we would feel an empty apce in our hearts when someone close to us leaves, rabbits and other animals very clearly display the same emotional bonds.
We'll take the coming days as they come. Hopefully Lillian will continue her recovery, assisted with the meds and the abundance of love and support from everybun here. You all selflessly give your thoughts and vibes and love for other rabbits and pets without a second thought - I am grateful beyond words. You have all contributed to several bouts of tears from me as I have read your posts and replies. They mean the world.
Thank you all - from the bottom of my heart. And Lillians.
Craig xx

That's great news .I hope Lillian will continue to improve and be back to her usual munching self.Nose rubs for her and Henry and hugs for you.x

Back