• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

UPDATED HELP! Dennis rushed to the emergency vet tonight :'-(

Sending you all especially Dennis love and vibes tonight. I have a very poorly Honey tonight and I know what you're going through - it's awful! Fingers crossed he improves very soon and is back home.x

Just spoke to the vet and apparently he is not a happy bunny! He's been leaping off his back legs to attack them! Lol She said herself they've been 'messing with him' all night so it's hardly surprising he's acting like this!! He's been eating and started pooping. She said they were golden and dry at first ( which she wasn't happy with ?! ) then they went black ( which is better?) He's staying on a drip for the rest of today, then being sent home at five with meds x

Just spoke to the vet and apparently he is not a happy bunny! He's been leaping off his back legs to attack them! Lol She said herself they've been 'messing with him' all night so it's hardly surprising he's acting like this!! He's been eating and started pooping. She said they were golden and dry at first ( which she wasn't happy with ?! ) then they went black ( which is better?) He's staying on a drip for the rest of today, then being sent home at five with meds x

:? i thought the golden ones are better?!

i think i would attack people if they had been bugging me all night (im very cranky when sleep deprived :oops::lol:)

I thought the golden ones were better too :? Maybe her concern with them was that he might be dehydrated?

Glad hes feeling abit better and giving them what for :lol:

We've got him home and he's very very quiet, not moving.

Do you think he's just tired?? We were shocked to pick him up like this when they'd said he was 'lively.' We think he's been stressed so much he's exhausted :(

Just wondering how things are? Has Dennis pooped and eaten since he has been home?
Doesnt sound right about the dark poops etc..hopefully someone else will advise...but I would have thought golden poops or more so large crumbly ones high in fibre were good.:?
Hope he is ok;)

Sending many zillions of vibes for dennis, he is so gorgeous, I can imagine you will be having a sleepless night tonight.

hope all goes well

He's given up.we've force fed and he's ballooning. I cNt believe the vets told me hewas well enough to come home. Utter rubbish. I don't know what do now. Given him Infacol and metacam but pretty sure he's dying :-( gutted

oh no!:shock:
Has he drunk much at all?
Try lace the water with apple juice or something to get some fluids into him...:?

PM Jane - she might be able to help...

Are there emergency rabbit savvy vets you can take him to now?

if he is balooning then you have to stop force feeding as it sounds very much like an impaction I am afraid.

does the stomach feel tight?

I would give the painkiller as he will be in agony

there is really little you can do other than try the vets again and insist on sub-cutfluids to try and get things moving - if you do not trust the vets enough to try and operate if its an impaction.

was he xrayed whilst in vets?

I see they had some dark poops (which would seem to suggest not an impaction - but the balooning sounds grave)

Leanne, can you ring to ask for some further advice from the emergency vet. You could always try Chester Gates (01244 853823) and ask for some advice over the phone as they are 24 hours.

I don't know what else to advise except maybe some tummy rubs and get him to move a little as it may help to dispurse any gas. Someone else may be able to advise if this would help or not.

Please bear in mind though that steroids can make them VERY sleepy.

Sending Dennis lots of recovery vibes and thinking of you and G xxx.

Back