• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

update on the 3 newborns!!!!(warning)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually dont have a problem with responsible breeders who know how genetic's work in rabbits, only breed to certain standards to illiminate health issues and dont breed hundreds of rabbits each year.

The problems I do have are those who breed without consideration for the animals health or welfare. Nearly most of the rabbits in rescues will have some sort of health issue which will be down to bad breeding and heireditory issues. I really dont understand breeding for the sake of showing but then I am not a competative person so maybe that is why I dont really enjoy sports:? :lol: which is why breeding to show seems pointless to me producing more un-wanted mis-marked bunnies needing a home for that sake of a 1st place trophy :roll:

Breeding to sell to pet shops, well I have yet to see a pet shop declare that their bunnies for sale are purebreds so speaks volumes that the breeder and shop owner are just money orientated:roll: If the breeder really did care then they would not sell to a pet shop but seek homes for their bunnies IMO

I know there are always accidents that happen but I can clearly see why we are all in the vets most of the time:lol: :lol: :lol:

:wave: I can see your points but also if RR never put her pics on and stuff she wouldn't be true to herself - and wouldn't be representing herself honestly on this forum to the other members. She is a breeder and there is no point in her being on here and hiding the fact. She is a million times better than other breeders in the fact that she is on this forum at all and asks for advice and stuff. There are probably other breeders on here who pretend they aren't and prob have a bunny factory at home and we all think they are great coz we don't know. At least RR is being honest - so then we can guide/assist her. I don't agree with breeding at all but at the same time I can see that she is excited about these babies and wants to share it with other rabbit lovers on the forum. It is not the same as her posting pics of babies purposely bred for the pet market (but this is the way everyone has got upset) - they are not going to pet shop/the horrid garden centre and yes I think she should reconsider selling her other rabbits there but in this case they are not anyway. If anyone else puts pics of an accidental litter on we think shame but ahhh cute! I just think at this rate RR is going to be driven away from this forum and then we can't convince her not to sell buns to the garden centre we don't like and when she has a problem or needs advice she won't have anyone to ask and so bunnies might suffer.

:wave: I can see your points but also if RR never put her pics on and stuff she wouldn't be true to herself - and wouldn't be representing herself honestly on this forum to the other members. She is a breeder and there is no point in her being on here and hiding the fact. She is a million times better than other breeders in the fact that she is on this forum at all and asks for advice and stuff. There are probably other breeders on here who pretend they aren't and prob have a bunny factory at home and we all think they are great coz we don't know. At least RR is being honest - so then we can guide/assist her. I don't agree with breeding at all but at the same time I can see that she is excited about these babies and wants to share it with other rabbit lovers on the forum. It is not the same as her posting pics of babies purposely bred for the pet market (but this is the way everyone has got upset) - they are not going to pet shop/the horrid garden centre and yes I think she should reconsider selling her other rabbits there but in this case they are not anyway. If anyone else puts pics of an accidental litter on we think shame but ahhh cute! I just think at this rate RR is going to be driven away from this forum and then we can't convince her not to sell buns to the garden centre we don't like and when she has a problem or needs advice she won't have anyone to ask and so bunnies might suffer.

Thank you for this post there are a few welcoming ppl on here and yes there are a few ppl on here that are breeders who have contacted me and keep it quite due to some vultures on here i think its very sad that ppl are not allowed to be themselves on here i would welcome any one if i had a forum be it breeder, rescue or just a bun owner even a petshop as long as they could leave the site with more insight to the care of rabbits and how to make thier life more fulfillable i wouldnt mind

Good breeders breed for the sake of keeping healthy breeds of rabbits trying to minimise hereditory illness, bad breeders ar ethose that act irresponsibly and do not do good by the bunnies - I will not say any more other than this particular litter of bunnies would not fall into the 1st category, mixing breeds hmmmmmm that's a very responsible thing to let happen, and wow well done you discovered padlocks :thumb:

Thank you for this post there are a few welcoming ppl on here and yes there are a few ppl on here that are breeders who have contacted me and keep it quite due to some vultures on here i think its very sad that ppl are not allowed to be themselves on here i would welcome any one if i had a forum be it breeder, rescue or just a bun owner even a petshop as long as they could leave the site with more insight to the care of rabbits and how to make thier life more fulfillable i wouldnt mind

Your feelings are not important to most people on here, welfare of bunnies is! ;)

Guys, there is an ignore function in your profile if you do not want to read some forum members posts.

Let's keep things friendly.

Guys, there is an ignore function in your profile if you do not want to read some forum members posts.

Let's keep things friendly.
I hear what you're saying and didn't know about the ignore function - I just use selective reading. But also when someone has asked genuine questions, they deserve replies. Health issues have been raised in this thread and ignored and the focus shifted (diverted?) to whether people should reply or not.

They are beautiful.
Im not going to cause an argument here but i realy dont agree with breeding. Where are these 3 poor bunnies going to end up? and what situations? is one of the rescues going to end up having these?, when you think of the thousands of poor bunnies in the world that are not being treated properly and the thousands more who are still out their needing help, you would think you would make your 'animal lover' feelings be put towards rabbits needing help! not creating more rabbits for rescues and more to be neglected.

You can keep posting on here about your rabbits but thats not going to stop people from havng their opinions on what you do.
I think its very irresponsible for a rabbit to be able to break out of its run and into another....er just doesnt seem right to me, they aint going to 'do it' straight away so you obviously never checked on them for a long time!

I just think its very irresponsible and you can not say you care for these bunnies when their are thousands crying out for help!
Just my opinion.

They are beautiful.
Im not going to cause an argument here but i realy dont agree with breeding. Where are these 3 poor bunnies going to end up? and what situations? is one of the rescues going to end up having these?, when you think of the thousands of poor bunnies in the world that are not being treated properly and the thousands more who are still out their needing help, you would think you would make your 'animal lover' feelings be put towards rabbits needing help! not creating more rabbits for rescues and more to be neglected.

You can keep posting on here about your rabbits but thats not going to stop people from havng their opinions on what you do.
I think its very irresponsible for a rabbit to be able to break out of its run and into another....er just doesnt seem right to me, they aint going to 'do it' straight away so you obviously never checked on them for a long time!

I just think its very irresponsible and you can not say you care for these bunnies when their are thousands crying out for help!
Just my opinion.

Well said!

I wish this forum was like other animal forums I've been on who say they are rescue orientated only and don't allow breeders to post.

RR, you post things llike this all the time because you know it causes rows. it's getting boring now.

I will say no more.

Poor bunnies:(

They are beautiful.

Just my opinion.

it has been said earlier in the post that one is staying with me the other 2 are going to friends of mine. i completly dont care about ppls opinions as they do not affect me in any way any more like water rolling off a ducks back it used to hurt me but having it all the time kind of desensites you, who knows if i had been approached in a different way instead of being called names behind my back by 1 or more members on here who took it to a very personal leval (you know who you are) may i might of changed into a rescue place but for now im still happy that my buns are in very good health as they are vetted twice a year and the vet always commends me on thier health as soon as one is ill down the vet it goes so i never have anything major (touches wood) and i have been breeding for about 4 years now :D

it has been said earlier in the post that one is staying with me the other 2 are going to friends of mine. i completly dont care about ppls opinions as they do not affect me in any way any more like water rolling off a ducks back it used to hurt me but having it all the time kind of desensites you, who knows if i had been approached in a different way instead of being called names behind my back by 1 or more members on here who took it to a very personal leval (you know who you are) may i might of changed into a rescue place but for now im still happy that my buns are in very good health as they are vetted twice a year and the vet always commends me on thier health as soon as one is ill down the vet it goes so i never have anything major (touches wood) and i have been breeding for about 4 years now :D

You take them to the vets when they are ill?.......Wow, good for you :thumb: ........:rolleyes: ............:wave:

who knows if i had been approached in a different way instead of being called names behind my back by 1 or more members on here who took it to a very personal leval (you know who you are) may i might of changed into a rescue place

I don't know how you can say that if it weren't for people's attitudes then you may be rescuing instead of adding to the problem. At the end of the day you know how many rabbits are dumped on rescues clearing up after breeders adding to the problem and you still bring more rabbits into the world depite knowing this, that says it all really.

it has been said earlier in the post that one is staying with me the other 2 are going to friends of mine. i have been breeding for about 4 years now :D

1st - One going to you and two to friends, you always say your rabbits go to 'your friends' you cant have that many friends who 'want' rabbits.
and 2nd - you say you have been breeding for four years now???? um where are all these rabbits you have breeded??? do you know??? many rescues proberly have them, or they are currently being neglected!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back