• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Update on Basil..kidney failure..but he's on the mend fingers crossed!

Hello everyone, thanks so much for the special vibes for Basil.:love: You are all so kind:love:.x Basil is back home with us now, but the kidney & liver function tests have shown up a problem with one kidney. He is going to have further analysis done tomorrow to see if this is a temporary problem due to him having had stasis or whether this has been going on for some time. We have so many meds. for him at the moment but he does seem to be improving slowly albeit up and down. I will post again when we have a clearer picture. Just hoping he will start to eat more normally soon:( A strand of hay here and there and the odd piece of herbage is not normal for Basil and he just won't drink anything. Thanks again all, from me and poorly Basil x

Im so glad you have him home :D:D:D:DDo you have any bramble leaves near you that Basil could try?

Hi Sarah:) Yes we do, but Basil is having none of it. He has only been back from the vet for a few hours and he has left most of his food, still won't drink and the litter tray is empty:( which is a problem because I need to get a urine sample by the morning. Poor Basil is just not himself:(

Thanks everyone for your continuing vibes x I think Basil will need them.

Last edited:
Poor Basil is probably still feeling a bit stressed, although of course his vet time was necessary. Hopefully he will feel more relaxed and nom for you soon.

Back