• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Un-neatured male has bloody urine and eggs in his fur

Nibbles!! :love:

Glad to here he is doing better.

As to the ear, I wonder whether he has been on a drip and therefore, his ear is a bit bald, scratched and wet because of it? I would give the vet a ring and check. Usually, it isn't sensible to put stuff on without advice. :thumb:

Ooh yeah, he may have been on a drip so it could be that.
I rang earlier on and they advised us to go in again but I really don't want to disturb him again because he came home early this afternoon from the trauma last night:shock: He has an appointment on Friday though which is good.

Nibbles is a very cute name! Glad to hear he is doing better! Don't ever worry about posting in general and especially updates!
I'd call the vet and check and express your concern. They may have suggestions and depending could prescribe something as they just saw Nibbles. Worth a shot anyhow!
Good luck and healing vibes!

Haha thanks, I named him when I was nearly 10!
Yeah, like I said they just told me he needs checking up. I hope he doesn't have any more medications that has to be syringed! but hopefully, it would just be something that is applied inside and that can be solved easily. :)

So glad to hear your bunny is doing better!

Yes it probably does seem like loads of problems, but from your first issue (the dandruff) he probably had mites and that's an indicator that his immune system is struggling for some reason. It can (but please don't worry) be an indication that you just have to watch him a bit more carefully to make sure he's doing OK ....

I hope the ear thing is because of the drip. That's what I would have thought.

Don't put anything on it, other than bathe it with cooled boiled water with a tiny bit of salt added to disinfect.

I hope all goes well on Friday. I hope your Dad isn't killing you for all the vet's treatment :shock: (only joking)

I love his name :love: Oddly, I haven't come across that name very much!

So glad to hear "Nibbles" is doing better
I would guess like already said, that the ear thing is because of the drip hes had...
And no.... youre not annoying anyone by asking questions... I think youre a wonderful owner and at the end of the day.... we all need help and advice sometimes x
Hope all goes well on Friday..... and were all here for you til then, if you need any more support x

:D

Very late update but yep, as of now he's doing really well! The vet said the lack of fur behind his ears was because of the drip.:lol:
He's only just gone off his meds and he seems to be happy and healthy!

Very late update but yep, as of now he's doing really well! The vet said the lack of fur behind his ears was because of the drip.:lol:
He's only just gone off his meds and he seems to be happy and healthy!

Lovely to hear this great update on Nibbles :D

I hope you and Nibbles will stick around RU :wave:

Thank you for the update. You did a good job getting him back to being himself. It is not easy, so you must have been very committed to Nibbles. May you and Nibbles have many more years together.

Only just seen this thread.

Really glad Nibbles is feeling much better.Youve had quite a week of it.:shock:Hope things settle down again now for you both.

Back