• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Too much rabbit waste

ooh gem..can i have his number:lol::lol:

seriously..i used to put what i could in me mums wheelie bin....but shes generating as much bunny waste with her one bun as i do with three !!

i have litter trays for mine..she has one for her dwarf lop....one of my three is a frenchie:shock:

i have colelcted up waste to be collected..i have just added my old mattress and have several huge black sacks to add..most of which are either bubble wrap and plastic wrappings or bunny waste!! i do this every few months to help clear out my house..get rid of polystyrene packing etc....its cost me a fortune.
i cant afford it this time so illjust add it till it cant sit behind my wall anymore and then just ask if i can have my one free collection every year..or have they stopped it.
i asked them why bunny waste isnt allowed to be added to garden waste bag once a month to be composted....i was told its because of bacteria/infection:shock::shock:

i was reading somewhere if you have no garden to put holes in a tied black sack and in 8 monthsyou should have compost..is that right?

i was using russell rabbit on top of bio catolet but now have gone to using bio catolet on its own..and that breaks down in 3 weeks...does have some hay in it to esp berties from where he munches his above the tray.

i ususally put them in the black bin. I got a bit of a backlog over christmas though as the bin wasn't collected for weeks so took them to the tip...no questions asked so i just checked them in the general waste pile (didnlt fancy emptying a bag of poop into the composting bin at the tip)

I might compost mine though in the summer. I have a big black compost bin but never put bunny poo in as i thought it might go wrong.

I find it a problem too with five buns, eight cats and only fortnightly bin collections. Some weeks my neighbour has some space in his bin and I can put my excess in there otherwise it just piles up as I can't get to the tip in the winter months as they close at 4.00 pm before I finish work. I work Saturday morning too and the queues at the weekend are unbelievable.

In the summer it is much easier as I can take the bags to the tip after work.

Would be interested in hearing about your system though Gem as I live so near to you:D Do you pay for it?

I sneak mine in to the tip and put it in the green waste containers. I've done this for six months and haven't been rumbled. The guys are just concerned that you don't put the plastic bags in. I sometimes put dead flowers in the top to make it look as if it's garden waste lol!

ooh gem..can i have his number:lol::lol:

He is ever so reasonable....I call him out every three weeks.....30 black sacks for £15 :love:

He's based round the corner from me but you'd be more than welcome to have his number :wave:

Rhianna said:
Would be interested in hearing about your system though Gem as I live so near to you Do you pay for it?

You're more than welcome to have his number if you wish :wave: He's very reasonable and friendly....and never asks whats in the bags :lol:

Last edited:
Back