• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Timing dentals U/D reason for abnormal poops page 18#180

Hiding under the bed; I guess he already knows the plans.:)

Wishing yourself and Thumps all the best for a successful and painless dental.:wave:

Just heard from Marie, he's round from his dental & I'll pick him up at 4.45.
Whooop whoop!!! I'm so relieved.:D:D:D:D:D
Hey, she also told me that he stamps with his front feet too, in disapproval of his medicines. I've known him stamp with both back feet together - a big no-no, but never front ones. My bun wasn't called Thumper for nothing!!

That's fantastic!!! Told you he'd be fine! :D

He'll be feeling much better, and all ready for his dinner by Christmas.

Thanks so much for your support everyone. I'm just setting out to pick him up. I reckon I could walk it faster than drive in this traffic!! Then we'll both have a very early night.

you can both snooze by the fire - thumper will hopefully be eating what he's missed out on and you can finally relax:D

Just heard from Marie, he's round from his dental & I'll pick him up at 4.45.
Whooop whoop!!! I'm so relieved.:D:D:D:D:D
Hey, she also told me that he stamps with his front feet too, in disapproval of his medicines. I've known him stamp with both back feet together - a big no-no, but never front ones. My bun wasn't called Thumper for nothing!!

Yay! Fantastic news! :D:D:love: x

Thank you so much for all your support every one.
All is coming back to normal now, with bigger poops at last, instead of titchy "stasis"poops, & he has just made a good effort with his hay.
He was very woozy, & got very cold in the short journey home. He had a bit of "the shakes", which has worn off. (Muscle tremors) I don't know whether this is anaesthetic or whether buns actually shiver with cold.

It's better for us psychologically if he comes home woozy. He just gradually "comes round" in his own environment & we carry on. If he's fully alert, there is a period of estrangement, & he seems so small & alone in a "hostile" world, as if his trust in me has been breached. Although it's more likely to be a rabbit "bonding" issue. I usually speak of his "strops", but the truth is he's more expressive of enjoyment & excitement. I can't imagine a bun who purrs more easily.

I think I've answered my own question. I feel that we took it to the limit before a dental this time. I'm so thankful for Great Western Referrals, especially for Marie, & the receptionists, who always manage to fit us in somehow, when I can only give 4 days notice.

I've been quietly thinking of those who have contributed to this thread, most with dental/stasis buns yourselves. There's Ginger, Eric, Lola, possibly Bisc. & Alvin who's a law unto himself. We've all been through the stress with the first problems, the worry of recognizing recurrence early enough, (each bun a unique individual,) the sleepless nights bunny nursing, & we've all struggled, & finally succeeded in finding good rabbit vets we really can trust.

I wish you all a wonderful Christmas with your bunnies.

I was going to wish you and Thumper good luck for today but Im late as usual:oops::oops:How is he today?Sending a great big kiss his way

Hi Maizey - Thank you. No you aren't late, we didn't quite make it to the appointment.
He's back to his lively self just now& nicely warm. If he runs true to form it'll be a few days before he's eating normally again.
Goodness but his teeth really clatter when he purrs immediately after a dental. So funny when he's woozy because he starts to purr & then "drops off".

Thank you.
He's on really good form this morning, "happy ears" wanting to play & be fussed, so there's a fair bit of "thumping" going on. It's ideal to help him work up an appetite.
I had the official go ahead to warm his metacam. I hadn't thought that it would also improve the taste.

Thank you.
He's on really good form this morning, "happy ears" wanting to play & be fussed, so there's a fair bit of "thumping" going on. It's ideal to help him work up an appetite.
I had the official go ahead to warm his metacam. I hadn't thought that it would also improve the taste.

awwwww warmed metacam how spoiled is he :love::love::love:

Back