• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Timing dentals U/D reason for abnormal poops page 18#180

Im so happy for you Judy,I know how much you love your beautiful baby and its about time you had some happiness in life as you are always helping/making everyone else feel good:love::love::love::love:

Have you tried giving him baby food when he struggles to eat.

Thank you for the suggestion BodkinBunny I haven't tried that.
Is there a baby food that's very low in starch & fruit sugars?
He got mild dysbiosis easily until I excluded all starchy veg & fruit sugars from his diet. He's not a gassy bunny, but dysbiosis tends to slow down his caecum & colon even more.

The alternative is making his own - can you use a hand blender on raw veg?

Crackerz I'm wondering if Catkin has a tendancy to a sluggish caecum & lower gut if the poops are like Thumpers big one. It's so simple - if they don't get it out at the bottom end they feel full & don't put any more in at the top end. Most vets use metaclopramide (maxolon) to get the gut going, but it's only effective at the top end - no effect on the lower gut. So you can get in the situation of food whizzing through the top end, but slowing down at the bottom end. The best drug for the bottom end is Zantac (Ranitidine). Some buns - like Thumper just have a bit of a slow lower gut anyway. It may be worth discussing with your vet.

Thanks, I will have a word with the vet. I am really glad Thumper is doing better.

Hurrah well done Thumper! You've made your mummy very happy, keep nomming and making those nice golden poos :D

Saw Min, the vet today & asked about the cluster of poops page 18 #180.
He says it means that the bun hasn't eaten much in the last 24 hours, & that some buns do small poops & some do lumps like the photo.

He says it means that the bun hasn't eaten much in the last 24 hours, & that some buns do small poops & some do lumps like the photo.

ah, make a mental note of that for future reference/worrying! :lol:

nose rubs for thumper. xxx

Alvin has done both... just to be different he cant pick one and stick with it can he :roll: :lol::lol::lol:

Alvin has done both... just to be different he cant pick one and stick with it can he :roll: :lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: yes, Thumper was doing both at the same time! I couldn't understand how "generous grape pip" poops were still coming out with all that mass in there ;)

Back