• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

There were 12 in the bed! U/D 31/3 now a group of 9 & a group of 5! New pics 21.30pm

What a fabulous bunny set up, I'm very jealous!

I love those piccies of the buns all snuggled up together :love:, good luck with the bonding I hope they all get on well

Well here we go a few more pics of the bonding going on in our front bedroom, touch wood at the moment they seem quite calm :D

Think I need a lie down in a dark room :lol::lol::lol:

DSCF3270.jpg

DSCF3271.jpg

DSCF3272.jpg

DSCF3270.jpg

That setup looks astonishing :love: And the bunnies all look so happy together:love::love:
How many boys are there compared to girls? Now I'm dreaming of bonding my 6 but not sure whether 3 boys and 3 girls would work?

That setup looks astonishing :love: And the bunnies all look so happy together:love::love:
How many boys are there compared to girls? Now I'm dreaming of bonding my 6 but not sure whether 3 boys and 3 girls would work?

Thank you - I must admit I'm dead chuffed with our set up :D

There are 5 boys & 7 girls - the boys are taking more time settling down than the girls but hopefully we're getting there ;)

It's certainly worth a try with 3 of each - if you don't try you don't know :D Let us know if you decide to do it :D

I've had a really 'orrible day and your thread has really cheered me up :lol: Your pics are fantastic, I really have just laughed out loud, the size of those dishes piled with fresh goodies and hay everywhere I'll have to show this thread to the girls I work with as they think I'm borderline insane :lol::lol::lol: Your garden set up is fab I hope those buns of yours realise how lucky they are...shame my hubby is useless when it comes to DIY

Good luck :)

Oh bless you - glad it's brightened your day :D

If it's any consulation all my family, friends & work colleagues think I'm stark raving mad for my 'addiction' but you know what - I don't care - there's worse things I could do :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

My dad keeps telling me he's coming to live at our house as a spoilt bunny :shock: What ever does he mean? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

oh wow love your set up for them. Given me ideas. mmmmm So far so good for you then hope they carry on bonding well xxx

I LOVE your set up!
I'm going to be bonding my 9 bunnies soon, and if i'm completely honest with you, i'm dreading it hahah.
Just also can't wait to build something similar to what you have :) Its inspired me!!

got me thinking of our shed thats full of junk now lol Might be time for a clear out and bigger place if i can get them all bonded once i sort everything out.

OH MY GOD...........Denise!!!!

Hahaha! That is amazing! Well done to youuu! :love:

Guessing i dont need to come round with the Vodka?

Hope it continues!!!!!! :D :D :D

Hi Denise, WOW! What a super group of buns. Just wondering why you are trying to bond so many. :lol: WISH I had that many - but think DH would leave me!

Do you find they break up into 2 or 3s within the large huddle? Or are they all intermingling?

Good grief! What an undertaking!
How's it going this morning?
Your set up is incredible......so showing my oh when he gets home!

Am I the only one that's really jealous of the delicious looking bun salad? :oops:

Can I have just a little? Pleeeease? :cry:

What a fantastic set up - such lucky bunnies:D I wish I had the nerve to try and bond more than 2 together:lol: Hows things this morning -they all seemed to be getting on together yesterday. :D

OH MY GOD...........Denise!!!!

Hahaha! That is amazing! Well done to youuu! :love:

Guessing i dont need to come round with the Vodka?

Hope it continues!!!!!! :D :D :D

Thanks Nat - I know am I completely & utterley crackers or what? :lol::lol::lol:

Didn't need the vodka thanks but did have plenty of wine to help me :shock::lol:

Hi Denise, WOW! What a super group of buns. Just wondering why you are trying to bond so many. :lol: WISH I had that many - but think DH would leave me!

Do you find they break up into 2 or 3s within the large huddle? Or are they all intermingling?

We used to have all different couples etc & we decided to start trying to bond them all together :shock: I've been considering it for a while, but need to wait until Arthur & Jake had been neutered & calmed down - as Jake is a little sod!

We also needed to change the set up we had outside from hutches & pens that we had last year as we had a rat move in with the buns :shock: We obviously didn't want it living with the bunnies, but it didn't freak us out that much - however, our next door neighbour was different :roll: She was convinced it was us having bunnies that had attracted it :roll::evil: Anyway long story short, we had environmental health round who left us a bait box & said there was absolutely nothing wrong with our set ups or the number of bunnies we had - due to how clean etc we were keeping them :D. It was more than likely our neighbour who was feeding the birds that had attracted the rat & the fact that other neighbours had compost heap :?

To stop all the agro we moved them all inside for the winter & have been planning to do this ever since - to be honest it is better for them than what did originally have & I feel happy that it is more secure & weatherproof for them.

At the moment they are tending to huddle in different groups - the original 8 that were a group, including Jake who was single then the couple Ruby & Harry are keeping together, but then keep trying to mingle with the others.

However, I think I may need to remove Arthur from the group - our little old fella seems to be being picked on by all the other males & he has now just scaled the side of the pen to escape :shock: They've all been pretty quiet during the night but I get the feeling that for some reason they will not accept Arthur no matter what :cry:

Oh well next plan is to try Arthur with Betsy when she's recovered & put Noah with them as a free ranging trio :D Bless him it's not as if Arthur can really do anything to protect himself when they others start on him - as he's got no front teeth :cry:

Last edited:
Am I the only one that's really jealous of the delicious looking bun salad? :oops:

Can I have just a little? Pleeeease? :cry:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Will send you some over - but not too much or the bunnies may sulk with me :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

They all look very happy Denise:D:D:D:D:DGosh you must spend a fortune on veggies

We don't spend as much as you might think Sarah - thankfully our neighbour has a veg plot - they give us some free veggies in return for our bags of poo for composting :D:lol:

I must admit though I did give them more than normal last to try & bribe them to behave :roll::lol:

However, I think I may need to remove Arthur from the group - our little old fella seems to be being picked on by all the other males & he has now just scaled the side of the pen to escape :shock: They've all been pretty quiet during the night but I get the feeling that for some reason they will not accept Arthur no matter what :cry:

How's it all going today? 12-some still a 12-some, or has Arthur left them?

Back