• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

There were 12 in the bed! U/D 31/3 now a group of 9 & a group of 5! New pics 21.30pm

My boys are usually the least troublesome but in the last few weeks they've been getting much more quarrelsome. That's where it's useful to have cooling off space. I'd really try them outside in the bigger quarters and let them establish a pecking order - as long as there's no latching on I wouldn't intervene. It's natural for there to be a hierarchy - buns don't do democracy very well :lol:

My boys are usually the least troublesome but in the last few weeks they've been getting much more quarrelsome. That's where it's useful to have cooling off space. I'd really try them outside in the bigger quarters and let them establish a pecking order - as long as there's no latching on I wouldn't intervene. It's natural for there to be a hierarchy - buns don't do democracy very well :lol:

Thanks Tinsel - at least I know it's not just our bunnies that are mis-behaving due to spring :roll:

Well I've not had chance to update things today as things have been pretty hectice again with bunnies :roll::D

I have now put the group of 9 back in the loft room where they have bags more space. At the moment we can't put them in their new pad, as we've tiled the floor today & want to put plasterer's edging on some of the timber that they can reach. Last thing I want them to do is chew all of the playhouse & aviary after so much effort :shock:

The group of 9 are now a lot happier as they have more room, lots of hidey holes & places to get away from each other :D Jake & Teddy keep having little spats but nothing major & the girls all just sit & look at them as if to say 'for goodness sake boys - grow up! There's plenty of girlies to go round with 6 girls & 3 boys in the group! :shock::lol:'

Also believe it or not I've now had Oscar, Ollie, Amber, Harry & Ruby all together today - they started off in the bathroom for most of the day & I've now neutralised everything in the spare room & penned them off in there. At the moment, touch wood they seem to be doing ok - there's been no fighting or anything. Maybe these 5 will be ok together? So we'll see :?

Will post some pics of them later & also of the group of 9 & Arthur & Betsy :D

Arthur & Betsy are fine together in the pen - they will eat together & groom themselves in each other's company, but they've not yet washed each other - even though they occasionally snuggle in the same basket :)

I tell you what by the time I go back to work next Monday - I'll be ready for a rest :shock: All these bunny relationships are complicated :roll::lol:

Here's some more pics of the bunny brood :D

Here's Arthur & his little wifey Betsy black bun :love:

DSCF3290.jpg

And here's Ollie, Amber, Oscar, Ruby & Harry - the new group on the bunny block - well if they manage to behave themselves enough to stay together :roll::?

DSCF3287.jpg

DSCF3297.jpg

Will get some more piccies of the group of 9 tomorrow.

Aw...what happy looking snuggle-buns!!! On a totally unrelated topic, how's the wine consumption going? ;):lol:

Aw...what happy looking snuggle-buns!!! On a totally unrelated topic, how's the wine consumption going? ;):lol:

Believe it or not only had to have 1 glass tonight!! Might wish I'd had more though if this lot don't behave themselves during the night :shock::lol:

just thought id say the set up looks loverly and big hopefully you will be able to lay some turf in there too for them to have an endless grass supply...just lay it over the exsisting paving ! :) aww they all so cute!!! x

Back