• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The price of a dental?

86 for Biccys first one.

Gingers are 65 every 8 weeks. Although now her vet has left will prolly be more expensive :(

Just insured my two with Petplan. If I get their teeth checked at least every 6 months (easy enough with vaccs) they will pay out for a dental :)

Just insured my two with Petplan. If I get their teeth checked at least every 6 months (easy enough with vaccs) they will pay out for a dental :)

Good luck with that, my experience is that they wont pay out for routine dentals unless its part of another illness. It even says that in the T's & C's.

Hope you haven't been misinformed.

It will vary widely from Vet to Vet. It will also depend on what is actually done, if radiographs are taken etc.

As a very rough estimate a GA/Dental could cost anything from about £65 to £150.

Radographs, about £40 a plate + interpretation.

yep seems around that for my vets too :)

i think you pay for the GA, and then the time so it will be whatever your vet charges for that. thats a full dental, front teeth only can be as low as £15 if they dont need sedation but more like £40 if they do

Good luck with that, my experience is that they wont pay out for routine dentals unless its part of another illness. It even says that in the T's & C's.

they paid for poppys root tooth abcsess but said that for reguallar dental i.e burring and trimming they dont pay out its in the small print apprantly :(

Ahh well :roll:

For me its not a major problem as I work at a vets (means simple surgical procedures are fairly inexpensive so probs would not claim on insurance). Just thought Id share to let others know - will definatly double check this with them though, as others could have been told this.

Edited: Rubbish grammer! :lol:

Ahh well :roll:

For me its not a major problem as I work at a vets (means simple surgical procedures are fairly inexpensive so probs would not claim on insurance). Just thought Id share to let others know - will definatly double check this with them though, as others could have been told this.

Edited: Rubbish grammer! :lol:

Do you work for Boness Vets? I've been reading about you on the website today! Hello :wave: We've just changed to Boness in Flitwick!

Do you work for Boness Vets? I've been reading about you on the website today! Hello :wave: We've just changed to Boness in Flitwick!

You got me! :lol::lol: Although my photo on there is just shocking :shock::oops:

:wave: hope I get to meet you and your buns sometime :D

Luckily Bungee won't be needing a dental at the moment, but at least this has prepared me thanks everyone :wave:

Back