• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Playhouse.... U/D Aviary is up!

Looks awesome!! You lucky lady! Oh, and lucky buns, tee hee! If I had a garden, I would love that sort of set up....if I could bare to let them out lol. I'm thinking of having an outdoor pair when we eventually get a garden. Can't wait to see finished piccies!!! :D

Well the roof and a couple of the trim bits went on yesterday :D

Just need to felt the roof, put the door on and put a few more trim bits on and then its done!! :D

The aviary people have said they can deliver this Friday morning, but I'm at work so I'm waiting to hear back if they can deliver it at the weekend instead

It's all exciting! :D

That looks lovely. Did you cuild it yourselves or was it a brought one? I am looking to get my OH to build me one, as we have lots of wood!

OH has just started to take down a fence in the garden, so we have ended up with loads of spare wood! He is very clever like that.....not I just need to get my hands on some plans!! :D

Someone on here is bound to have some! My playhouse is basically just tongue and groove nail gunned onto a frame so it shouldnt be too difficult

I have stolen the dimmensions to your playhouse, and am about to go downstairs and show OH! Wondering if it will give him a good enough idea.

Where are you getting your avairy from please?

I'm getting it from West Hagley Aviaries. It's costing £188 plus £25 delivery. Not sure how far they'll deliver, prob best to ask if you're interested. It's going to be 10x12 :D

Well having followed your thought process and decision-making process etc I feel almost as excited as you at actually seeing it up and painted!! :D xx

It looks brilliant and am really pleased for you. :wave:

Glad you're getting your aviary from West Hagley - they're so friendly.

I'm getting it from West Hagley Aviaries. It's costing £188 plus £25 delivery. Not sure how far they'll deliver, prob best to ask if you're interested. It's going to be 10x12 :D

Thank you. If I can save the money not buying a playhouse, I might be able to afford an Aviary :) Looks like they deliver up to 100 miles, which should be okay.

Thanks for your help. I look forward to seeing yours all done!

The playhouse is finished - almost! Just need to insulate and board the inside and put the catflap in and then it is done! :D

2fa31670.jpg

The aviary was delivered yesterday so just need to get that put together and then my big babies can move in (with a new friend if the bonding goes ok ;) )

Just seen this thread. The play house looks fantastic. I love the color. I bet that the bunnies love it. Can't wait to see it with bunnies inside.

Oh wow oh wow :) what a beautiful play house! One day I will have some outdoor buns in a beautiful playhouse and I will come to you for building advise!! :lol:

Thanks everyone :D

I'm going to buy the insulation tomorrow, will this stuff be ok?

http://www.wickes.co.uk/Thermal-Insulation-Foil-Roll/invt/210022

Do I need to insulate the whole inside including the roof? And do I need to plywood it all up too? Or can I just plywood the bottom half where they'd be able to chew?

Also, does the plylining need to sit right against the insulation, or will it be ok with a gap between the two?

The insulation was finished yesterday - its now all silver inside and looks like a spaceship :lol:

We're hopefully going to board up the bottom half of the inside tonight :D

I've also just ordered the cat flap :D

Back