• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Update - Rupert's in the wars again :(

I hope the metacam will help and he is feeling better soon. You could maybe use a webcam to monitor him while you are away?

I think I'll see how he is tomorrow and then see if I can find one somewhere, because of the bank holiday it may not arrive before I go away unfortunately if I order one.

Could the Pet sitter do more than two daily visits ? My concern would be the risk of Rupert stopping eating due to pain and developing secondary gut stasis.

Amazon prime?

Yeah I could do that, just not sure how beneficial it will be, pet sitter will let me know of any concerns and get him to a vet if he stops eating.

He's no better but no worse today. Still eating, drinking and pooing normally but clearly favouring his leg.

Little update on Rupert, he seems a lot happier this morning, the limp is still there but he's more active. He was pulling up carpet at 6.30 this morning so he can't be feeling too bad! :lol:

I'm feeling a little better about the fact that we have to leave them tomorrow for a couple of days, just hoping he keeps getting better.

Little update on Rupert, he seems a lot happier this morning, the limp is still there but he's more active. He was pulling up carpet at 6.30 this morning so he can't be feeling too bad! :lol:

I'm feeling a little better about the fact that we have to leave them tomorrow for a couple of days, just hoping he keeps getting better.

Good news! Sending vibes that he will continue to improve.

Hope the improvement continues x

Thanks all. I will still be paranoid about leaving him but I know he's in good hands.

Sent from my SM-F711B using Tapatalk

Back