• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Crafter and Artists Sticky Thread

I did my first painting in oils last night.
Being totally unprepared and having no idea of what I needed I added a little olive oil to some of the thicker paints. I've read a bit since and it seems this will never dry :lol:

Also, I read even normally they can take weeks to dry :shock: I think I'll be sticking to acrylics so pretty much a massive waste of money :oops:

He's (obviously) not dry yet, and there's quite a bit of reflection, might post another photo if he's any drier after being left around for a few weeks. :lol:
524125_10151611135499363_852933070_n.jpg

:thumb:

I like using oils, but they are quite smelly and as I don't have a dedicated room it's not very practical for me.

:thumb:

I like using oils, but they are quite smelly and as I don't have a dedicated room it's not very practical for me.

I didn't really find them much different to acrylic to work with, except the drying time, and unless I'm doing something really massive (haven't since my school days) I like things to dry quickly.

I think I'll have another go since I already have the paint, as it was nice to be able to go back and change things I didn't like once I'd finished and not worry about it looking really strange.
Also, if I'd had something to wash the brush with I might have got on better with them :lol:

Not sure if these pictures will work but here's my latest crafty make. It's done using Scots pine wood. I decided to make into a necklace but was tempted with a keyring/bag charm.

EFF1ECE6-96C0-11E2-91F4-C553761A47F0.jpg

A4EA2096-96C1-11E2-B959-C553761A47F0.jpg

FC35562C-96C1-11E2-9FF0-C553761A47F0.jpg

the other side
52185666-96C2-11E2-B8A2-C553761A47F0.jpg

From Stair Lodge supplies on etsy, he only uses wood that falls in storms and was brilliant to deal with :)

Thank you x

Hello,

I dabble in crochet mainly but experimenting with a few other crafties (don't want to get bored) so thought i'd post a few of my projects see what people think, some of my bits were presents mainly toys, and others my housemate sells for me on a wee etsy shop, I hope you like my things!

dragon.jpg

This big fella was for my housemates neice as a birthday present.

IMAG0387.jpg

This was for a friends mum who loves the discworld novels.

bluegloves_zps9bdb8363.jpg

These are gloves that we sell on the shop, have destroyed my own pair cleaning out the bunnies hutch, so have a nice pair for going out and a knackered pair for poop cleaning!

neckalcewhite_zps9e15d609.jpg

This is one of the necklaces i make, am experimenting with lariats at the moment but plant o make some rose themed coloured ones like this soon.

wormy.jpg

This was an awesome make! He was for a labyrinth themed party, my friend went dressed as Sarah with the worm as her companion he's just sooo cute.

Don't want to flood with images so will stop now, hope you like these they are some of my favourites!

Pen

Love the doggy oil painting - I used to paint in oils, but I have no patience for the time they take to dry, that's why I love acrylics :lol:

Madpenny - your crochet stuff is fab! I can't for the life of me crochet - I end up in a tangle!

I've been playing with my polymer clay and badge machine :D

FimoBunnyBadgesandkeyrings001_zps56ef694c.jpg

Hello,

I dabble in crochet mainly but experimenting with a few other crafties (don't want to get bored) so thought i'd post a few of my projects see what people think, some of my bits were presents mainly toys, and others my housemate sells for me on a wee etsy shop, I hope you like my things!

dragon.jpg

This big fella was for my housemates neice as a birthday present.

IMAG0387.jpg

This was for a friends mum who loves the discworld novels.

bluegloves_zps9bdb8363.jpg

These are gloves that we sell on the shop, have destroyed my own pair cleaning out the bunnies hutch, so have a nice pair for going out and a knackered pair for poop cleaning!

neckalcewhite_zps9e15d609.jpg

This is one of the necklaces i make, am experimenting with lariats at the moment but plant o make some rose themed coloured ones like this soon.

wormy.jpg

This was an awesome make! He was for a labyrinth themed party, my friend went dressed as Sarah with the worm as her companion he's just sooo cute.

Don't want to flood with images so will stop now, hope you like these they are some of my favourites!

Pen

That Dragon is amazing :) lovey gloves, love all the items.

I did a copy of one of greg guillemin's pieces tonight.
Just have to find space to hang it, and I'm going to get another canvas the same size to do this one. I'm so pleased with how it came out! :D

149233_10151619729819363_168671080_n.jpg

ETA: actually, going to change robin's nose right now!

Back