• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tell me this gets better

i didn't realise he had been in the pound so long. I don't know how anyone could have resisted those gorgeous big brown eyes! and funky hair do. He really was so unique. He would thump his foot for more attention and even used to thump and binky at the same time - we think this was for added effect:) it may have only been a month but we have some lovely memories which is a comfort to us. thankyou for all your support

I think he was "handed" in last November and was there quite a while before they advertised him - they can only advertise six animals at a time. When I found out about him (I had to approve the photo to go on our website) I kept ringing Rebecca up and emailing because I couldn't believe that no-one had offered him a home. Secretly though I was pleased that no-one had come forward because Sooz had offered to take him and I knew if he went to Sooz's that he'd find a lovely home, but they wanted to wait a while longer. I really wish I could have met him as he sounded so lovely, and I so wish that he could have stayed with you for longer - it is so unfair that after having to wait all that time, he got what he deserved but then had to leave you. Life really sucks at times.

I just wish we could help you, but having gone through it myself I know that whatever is said you feel pretty s****y for quite a while and have to try and get through it.

I think he was "handed" in last November and was there quite a while before they advertised him - they can only advertise six animals at a time. When I found out about him (I had to approve the photo to go on our website) I kept ringing Rebecca up and emailing because I couldn't believe that no-one had offered him a home. Secretly though I was pleased that no-one had come forward because Sooz had offered to take him and I knew if he went to Sooz's that he'd find a lovely home, but they wanted to wait a while longer. I really wish I could have met him as he sounded so lovely, and I so wish that he could have stayed with you for longer - it is so unfair that after having to wait all that time, he got what he deserved but then had to leave you. Life really sucks at times.

I just wish we could help you, but having gone through it myself I know that whatever is said you feel pretty s****y for quite a while and have to try and get through it.

It is unfair that he waited so long to be taken so quickly. Sometimes i think that maybe he knew we would look after him and that he didn't have to fight anymore. We think that maybe Rory had some lung damage which meant that he found it harder to deal with things like vaccs.

Please try not to blame yourself. :( I think it's so easy when we have something awful happen to turn it all in on ourselves, and blame ourselves. You had absolutely no reason to suspect that a simple vaccination (that the vet would have recommended) would result in this, and were only being a responsible owner. What more could a bunny ask for?

Please try not to blame yourself. :( I think it's so easy when we have something awful happen to turn it all in on ourselves, and blame ourselves. You had absolutely no reason to suspect that a simple vaccination (that the vet would have recommended) would result in this, and were only being a responsible owner. What more could a bunny ask for?

I know your right and getting him vacc'd was just seen as a 'routine' thing to do. I know i've got to stop moping around feeling sorry for myself because it's doing no good. I just wish i could have spent more time with him

It is unfair that he waited so long to be taken so quickly. Sometimes i think that maybe he knew we would look after him and that he didn't have to fight anymore. We think that maybe Rory had some lung damage which meant that he found it harder to deal with things like vaccs.

Who knows what he went through before he found you? Or what conditions he was living in that led to the possible lung damage. It doesn't bear thinking about :cry: :cry:

I do sometimes think that it happens that way - he finally relaxed and could be truly comfortable probably for the first time in his life - and sometimes it seems that that's when they know they can let go. But that doesn't make it easier for you and it takes ages for all those thoughts to start to fade. It's a horrible horrible feeling and every time I've gone through it I've thought I can't do this again.

I know that nothing anyone can say will make you feel any better - i lost two buns to myxi nearly 3 years ago now & i'm still racked with guilt & grief.It's an old cliche, but time really does heal - not fully, but it eases the pain.You just have to try & concentrate on the bun(s) that you still have.Hope you are feeling a bit better soon :wave:

thanks for everything guys. your words to mean a lot. in the future we are planning on making a special memorial patio in our garden for Rory. He was special and deserves something special doing for him:)

Now all we need is for time to pass and heal our hearts

and every time I've gone through it I've thought I can't do this again.

There's a feeling I know only too well. I say it to Phil everytime, it was the first thing I said after Cassius went....'Thats it I can't do it anymore' and then comes the blame, 'Its my fault, why cant I keep them alive, It must be something I am doing wrong'.

But the picture is so much bigger than just me. I cant be held responsible for anything other than my own actions. I can't control the future or manipulate the past and its the same for everyone.

I know I post this alot but its because it is so very true:

"We who choose to surround ourselves with lives even more temporary than our own, live within a fragile circle, easily and often breached.

Unable to accept its awful gaps, we still would live no other way.

We cherish memory as the only certain immortality,
never fully understanding the necessary plan."

hi! im the other half to kirsty and lola if the name didnt give it away! i juz wanted to say thank you 4 all ur words and support you have given us. we are absolutely devasted about rory, he was an amazin little bun wiv so much character you wouldnt believe. thanx for your help.

binky free rory x x x x x

I lost my big cat after 14 years, he disappeared August last year and I haven't seen him since. Every day that went past I thought I wasn't going to get over it. I would just burst into tears cos I missed him so much. My little son was devastated. My other cat would spend all night looking for him. Even my dh missed him :cry:

Then little by little it has eased and last week I did my first ever scrapbook page of him (and only cried a little bit!).

Our house is on the market and I KNOW I am going to cry when we move cos it will feel like I am abandoning him.

Sorry starting to waffle - but what I am trying to say (and not very well sorry!) it does get easier and sometimes you will go a whole day without thinking about himn and feeling like you could've done something. Then you start to remember the good times.

It doesn't matter if you had him 14 years or 14 days - love is love.

You won't get over losing him but you will start to deal with it xxx

Back