• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ted's got gut stasis and isn't really improving

Ted seems to have picked up a little bit this morning. We gave him his usual breakfast (in his litter tray, he didn't come looking for it) and he's eaten about half. He's also eaten his almond, which he loves. He hasn't had any hay or S'S but he's not hiding in his cardboard box either. He's taken his meds ok and looks a bit brighter. Will be setting off to vets in 10 mins. Thanks for asking, it's much appreciated

Hope the vets goes well. Vibes for Ted :)

Glad to read that Ted seems to be picking up today. Hope he continues to improve and am sending him continued healing vibes and gentle nose rubs.

Thanks all. The vet was quite pleased with Ted this morning, his gut sounds had improved still quiet but at least were there in all quadrants. He didn't give him any extra fluids or other meds, just told us to carry on with what we were doing and to phone him in the morning with an update. Well I'm pleased to say that Ted seems to have picked up a fair bit today, Martyn has been home with him so he's been encouraging him to run round to get everything moving. He's also had some periods of hay munching lasting for a couple of minutes which is a major improvement and he's also eaten some of his teatime SS just now. That's the first time since Thursday teatime :D So, we are now cautiously optimistic that Ted has turned the corner. We still need to see him drinking and his poops have some way to go, but there are more of them and they aren't the hard black ones you normally see with stasis.

Thanks so much for all your vibes and help, it is really appreciated :D

Good to hear that Ted is gradually improving. Hopefully in a couple more days he will be completely back to normal xx

Thanks all. The vet was quite pleased with Ted this morning, his gut sounds had improved still quiet but at least were there in all quadrants. He didn't give him any extra fluids or other meds, just told us to carry on with what we were doing and to phone him in the morning with an update. Well I'm pleased to say that Ted seems to have picked up a fair bit today, Martyn has been home with him so he's been encouraging him to run round to get everything moving. He's also had some periods of hay munching lasting for a couple of minutes which is a major improvement and he's also eaten some of his teatime SS just now. That's the first time since Thursday teatime :D So, we are now cautiously optimistic that Ted has turned the corner. We still need to see him drinking and his poops have some way to go, but there are more of them and they aren't the hard black ones you normally see with stasis.

Thanks so much for all your vibes and help, it is really appreciated :D

What a great update! Go Ted - keep on improving :D

Ted's seemed a bit slow to get going this morning. He's eaten 4 dandelion leaves, 2 bramble leaves, a small piece of carrot , a green bean, tiny bit of broccoli, an almond and some hay. That actually looks a lot now I've written it down, I think it doesn't seem it as he hasn't touched his S'S and his normal amount of hay is much more. We still haven't seen him drink but he is weeing so must be doing ok I think. Also he doesn't really move unless we encourage him so we've been taking him upstairs every couple of hours then he'll run round the bedrooms then back downstairs and next to the settee where one of the litter trays is. He's there now, snoozing. I'm very fortunate to be able to work from home and look after him.

Bless him. Hope he carries on getting better and eating and drinking well.

Its great that you can be with him.

For the first time since last Thursday, Ted ran over for his breakfast and in a couple of visits to his mat he's eaten it all :) So we're cautiously optimistic that he's well on the road to recovery now. Thanks for all your good wishes, they're very much appreciated x

For the first time since last Thursday, Ted ran over for his breakfast and in a couple of visits to his mat he's eaten it all :) So we're cautiously optimistic that he's well on the road to recovery now. Thanks for all your good wishes, they're very much appreciated x

Phew, what a relief !! I am so happy to hear that Ted is doing a lot better now xx

Back