• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Tapla - stasis

Thanks everyone :love: tapla appreciates the well wishes, or I'm sure she would if she was speaking to me !

How is lady T this morning ?

She's quite a bit brighter this morning. Usually N&T both jump up at the shed door when I come to feed them :)roll:) and although she wasn't jumping, she was begging in her own more lazy way ! She gobbled down the pellets I gave her but she's not interested in veg yet . But nena isn't interested in the veg either so I'm going to chuck it and buy all fresh today as it's obviously not quite right . Apart from the pellets , tapla had about 4 more syringes of recovery food and about 3 of pineapple and water so she's all set for now . She also had some more painkillers this morning , just so that she keeps this progress up ! She's acting a lot more normal now so I'm going to hold off on the vets for a while and see how she is at about lunchtime . Then I'll ring the vet and we'll make a judgement call about whether it's worth taking her in for more gut stimulants. I'll let her have a run around a bit later too to try and get her belly moving , I'm just going back to sleep for a bit now :oops:

She is definitely pooing ! I've found quite a lot of smaller, harder poops so she must be properly moving again now :)

Thanks everyone :love: tapla appreciates the well wishes, or I'm sure she would if she was speaking to me !

She's quite a bit brighter this morning. Usually N&T both jump up at the shed door when I come to feed them :)roll:) and although she wasn't jumping, she was begging in her own more lazy way ! She gobbled down the pellets I gave her but she's not interested in veg yet . But nena isn't interested in the veg either so I'm going to chuck it and buy all fresh today as it's obviously not quite right . Apart from the pellets , tapla had about 4 more syringes of recovery food and about 3 of pineapple and water so she's all set for now . She also had some more painkillers this morning , just so that she keeps this progress up ! She's acting a lot more normal now so I'm going to hold off on the vets for a while and see how she is at about lunchtime . Then I'll ring the vet and we'll make a judgement call about whether it's worth taking her in for more gut stimulants. I'll let her have a run around a bit later too to try and get her belly moving , I'm just going back to sleep for a bit now :oops:

She is definitely pooing ! I've found quite a lot of smaller, harder poops so she must be properly moving again now :)

It sounds as though she is on the mend now :D It may take another 24 hours for her to be 100% back to normal, but she is obviously heading in the right direction xx

Tapla has eaten some cauliflower :love: She's still not 100% but she definitely appears to be on the mend at the moment :love:. Gonna continue popping out to see her often to see if she starts to go downhill again. Hopefully she won't need another vets visit, I think she's pretty miffed at me!

Thank you for caring :love: None of my friends care, except for Helennnnnnnn. It's not nice to be alone with your worry :(

Tapla has eaten some cauliflower :love: She's still not 100% but she definitely appears to be on the mend at the moment :love:. Gonna continue popping out to see her often to see if she starts to go downhill again. Hopefully she won't need another vets visit, I think she's pretty miffed at me!

Thank you for caring :love: None of my friends care, except for Helennnnnnnn. It's not nice to be alone with your worry :(

Sending you, Nena and Tapla lots of healthy wishes.

Di. xx

Tapla was nibbling some grass this afternoon in the garden, and she's continuing to eat pellets and the odd bit of veg. So everything is going the right way :D I'll be on the lookout for any further problems for the next few days, but hopefully she doesn't go downhill again. Still quite worried as she's not herself :oops:

Back