• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

susie and stasis - urgent advice appreciated

Yes! I'd take any sign of movement as good! She's probably just taken a while for the drugs to work through her. I'm so happy for you!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Yes it sounds better, have you any Spring Greens you can tempt her with. Give it to her wet. Hope she improves as the day goes on.

she's just left 3-4 small poops again. she's hopping around and cleaning herself - a massive improvement on how she was.

i've got spring greens - she look almost tempted, but then she ends up chinning them instead.

vets want me to monitor til midday to see if she eats and we'll go from there.

i'm relieved to see her perking up a bit. what a night!

Glad she's improving.

I normally find strong smelling herbs like mint good at tempting bunnies to eat.

Glad to hear she's pooping now, that's a very good sign :) Hope she starts eating normally soon. Sending lots of vibes for Susie xx

thanks all...

she's done a few more small poops... looks tempted by food but then doesn't eat. bless her.

will update in a few hours and will try and get some fresh herbs in at lunch time.

Can you get bramble leaves at all? I find that my rabbit responds well to bramble leaves when they've had a dodgy gut.

Can you get bramble leaves at all? I find that my rabbit responds well to bramble leaves when they've had a dodgy gut.

i don't think so.

she's nibbled some hay and is now eating spring greens :) poor girl has dried liquid food all over her face - any ideas for cleaning it up?

no further vet visit so far for susie...

she's now running over for pellets and i've seen her leaving plenty of albeit small poos in the tray. she looks much happier :thumb:

susie was quite bright yesterday and was eating well.

i'm at work for the day so cannot check on her. this morning, she ate pellets and was bright, but was a little quiet and preferred sitting in her hideout.

my oh has just left the house and said she was still in her hideout, but was alert with eyes open etc.

is it to be expected that she's a little subdued? she's still having pain relieft and gut motility meds...

i can't really focus as i know it's 6 hrs til i'll be home! :(

Sorry nothing to add just wondering how she is now? I'd imagine she may need a day or two to get over it x

Sorry nothing to add just wondering how she is now? I'd imagine she may need a day or two to get over it x

Just got home and she leapt out of the litter tray to say hello :)

She looks ok and is eating spring greens!

I have some Pro C which I give to my hamsters - does this benefit bunnies?

Glad Susie is feeling better and eating something, is Pro c vitamin C? I wouldn't give it personally - hope she continues to improve :)

Back