• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Summer has bitten Heidi :'(

I know how u feel, I'm exactly the same now after the bad experience it's scary. I have decided to give it a proper try next week when I'm off work next wk. do it on completely neutral territory and in smaller spaces. If it is bad again tho I'm not risking it. If it doesn't work I will either have to rehome Heidi or get her a boyfriend! Like u I didn't want to have separated bunnies, but it might come to that. I would maybe move urs away from each other for a while so they stop the territorial behaviour then try again on neutral grounds. I think it'd be a shame not to try again. But obviously I'm no expert!! That's just what I'd do If it were me :D

yep i'll definately try again as it would be such a shame to give up on the first attempt, it is amazing how worrying bonding can be for us bunnie owners, i'm no expert either we can only do our best and try and find what works, good luck with the bonding when your on your holiday time and please let us know how it goes, as so many of us worry how to do it or not to do it that all tips on this subject are very welcome even if we try a tip from many different people to combine it, i have heard on the forum that some people ask their local rescue centres to take their bunnies to bond them, so this may be an option,but i think i would miss my buns too much if i sent them away to get bonded lol

my first bonding had one rabbit running in the garden and the other in a run. The garden was the male's and he would run over to the run and attack the girl. I squirted him with water or put him back into his cage for a time out. He did eventually learn and ignored her, or if he was close would lower his ears as if will attack then notice me watching and turn his back. I moved the run for the grass and eventually he just didn't bother.

Then the wind knocked open the run and they were ok. If they went near each other, he would chase her off but it was always only a couple of steps, he would stop. And as time went on since they weren't face on face fighting I started putting them in the garden at opposite ends every day and eventually they bonded themselves and moved into his indoor cage.

Though the first time they met, they were in neutral territory in my bedroom with toys and treats and they fought badly. So even if it starts out with a bad fight, it can work out.

my first bonding had one rabbit running in the garden and the other in a run. The garden was the male's and he would run over to the run and attack the girl. I squirted him with water or put him back into his cage for a time out. He did eventually learn and ignored her, or if he was close would lower his ears as if will attack then notice me watching and turn his back. I moved the run for the grass and eventually he just didn't bother.

Then the wind knocked open the run and they were ok. If they went near each other, he would chase her off but it was always only a couple of steps, he would stop. And as time went on since they weren't face on face fighting I started putting them in the garden at opposite ends every day and eventually they bonded themselves and moved into his indoor cage.

Though the first time they met, they were in neutral territory in my bedroom with toys and treats and they fought badly. So even if it starts out with a bad fight, it can work out.

Thank you for posting this as my boys fought badly and kenzo has pulled a lot of gizmos fur out of his back,altho it will grow out gizmo looks like he's been attacked by a swarm of moths,this has given me hope to keep trying, where i have used the run panels in the garden to keep them seperate, they have today stopped biting each other through the wire,gizmo seems more relaxed and will lie down right up against the make shift fence but kenzo is still behaving like he's on guard duty, but at least they have had one day where neither has got bitten lol :):)

Back