• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Suddenly limping...

We got two bunnies three weeks ago. We had them spayed last Thursday, post op check-up yesterday went well. This morning I noticed one of them limping (back right foot). Can't see anything different with regards to the wound or leg. It then looked less limpy again throughout the day and only now I felt like she's definitely limping again. Not super keen on forking out for a vet visit again if not required. I gave them a ring again and they said it was unlikely it had anything to do with the wound. Is there a chance of this going away again quickly, or does this possibly require urgent medical attention? She's been behaving normally, eating normally, hopping around... Yesterday was the first day that we let them out of their x-pen again and they loved it (some binkies), not sure if something could've gone wrong there that will fix itself again? Thanks for your opinions...

We got two bunnies three weeks ago. We had them spayed last Thursday, post op check-up yesterday went well. This morning I noticed one of them limping (back right foot). Can't see anything different with regards to the wound or leg. It then looked less limpy again throughout the day and only now I felt like she's definitely limping again. Not super keen on forking out for a vet visit again if not required. I gave them a ring again and they said it was unlikely it had anything to do with the wound. Is there a chance of this going away again quickly, or does this possibly require urgent medical attention? She's been behaving normally, eating normally, hopping around... Yesterday was the first day that we let them out of their x-pen again and they loved it (some binkies), not sure if something could've gone wrong there that will fix itself again? Thanks for your opinions...

If she is limping and it is not resolving/keeps recurring then it needs Veterinary attention. It's impossible to say what the cause is without an examination. It could be an injury, it could be neurological. Whatever, its not normal.

Back