• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stuck in a togh spot, rescued a bunny, nowhere to put him.

Thank you so so soooo much! Thats amazing, i'll try sort a lift down now, hopefully my sister will when she picks my nephew up after work. Hes decided to name him Alfred Johnson.. Haha

You're a star!

Awww lovely name....he sounds lovely i'm sure he will be snapped up. :love:

To be honest the inspector was so rude, she was adamant that i put it with my old bunnies and pair them up, didnt care a jot that i didnt have housing and didnt care about whether it hurt my rabbit.. She refused to help in anyway, complaining she'd .. have a go at finding a place over the next weeks (then she said months!). She kept going silent on the phone to me and in the end i just said right ok. so.. I'll just keep my own pet loose without a cage then...!!? That was it. I was shocked! I donate reg to the rspca and i expected better i suppose.

Thankyou everyone for the support and help. I hope he finds a good home there, he is a real cutie.

To be honest the inspector was so rude, she was adamant that i put it with my old bunnies and pair them up, didnt care a jot that i didnt have housing and didnt care about whether it hurt my rabbit.. She refused to help in anyway, complaining she'd .. have a go at finding a place over the next weeks (then she said months!). She kept going silent on the phone to me and in the end i just said right ok. so.. I'll just keep my own pet loose without a cage then...!!? That was it. I was shocked! I donate reg to the rspca and i expected better i suppose.

Thankyou everyone for the support and help. I hope he finds a good home there, he is a real cutie.

Did you ring the head office helpline number or your local branch? I foster for RSPCA Macclesfield and we are brilliant with bunnies we take many that we shouldn't really and help out best we can. I have called the main RSPCA helpline for help before once when pigeons were trapped under a bridge that they had covered and the inspector wouldn't come out. I had to watch these pigeons die of starvation...I was so upset. I suppose all branches are different and independently run so don't lose heart with the RSPCA there are loads of brilliant branches to support. This bunny is lucky you took him or god knows where he would end up.....it's very disheartening when there just seems to be no help out there for animals. I've been in the same situation with stray cats a few times....no where to go, no space. I wish things would improve for animals so much.

Yes and then spoke to the local inspector, i was so shocked by it all, she just didnt want anything to do with it. When i lived in Nantwich the Local rspca were really nice, i volunteered in the wildlife centre, its was great. But i've just not had the same luck here since moving, shame its not the same all over. :(

Sorted my lift, will be going soon. Yay! So relieved

glad you have sorted something, I was going to suggest if you could get to bleakholt animal sanctuary, but sounds like you found somewhere to take him in

Back