• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Struggling to find a decent sized single hutch!!!

wildchild91

Young Bun
Getting really frustrated in my search for a decent hutch for Mollies future husband. (make no wonder so many uneducated bunny/piggy owners end up buying the wrong sizes when they're the only bloody ones readily available!)

Hes an average size for a New Zealand white I reckon, hes going to be living free range in the garage enclosure (with access to the garden during the day). At the moment I rarely shut Mollie in the hutch at night as shes fairly active at nighttime. I want this to be the same for her new boyfriend, but during bonding Im going to enclose them both at night, just to make sure theres no unchaperoned meetings :shock:

The rescue have said not to worry about getting an enormous hutch if hes only going to be using it as a base mainly, but I still want a nice 6ft single tier hutch for him...Im having such difficulty finding it that I've resorted to looking at 5ft ones, but the height is usually 2ft, and I feel like in order for him to stretch up on his back legs he'd be better with 3ft for height?

Any suggestions, links VERY gratefully recieved! Been all over the place online but im not sure I trust an online flatpack company, Pets at Home only had one I'd consider at a push, and unfortunately I dont have £250-£300 to fork out for a handmade to order one =S

what to do?!

ahh I have been on the happy hutch site before, the size range is awesome but I was a bit worried about ordering without seeing the actual product so to speak...I've heard horror stories haha.

If people off here have ordered them though then thats another feather for this companys hat!

Thanks guys! Stress seemingly over! :D

although I've now just seen a rather nice one on that custom facebook page! Spoilt for choice in a matter of seconds! :D:lol: THANKS GUYS!

Back