• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hutch needed/recommendations

lauraj27

Warren Scout
Hi all,

Unfortunately we have had to flee/abandon our house due to fears over our safety.

Our rabbit is being looked after by some friends and they thankfully have an indoor hutch for her and are happy to let her roam free during the day. With the weather getting warmer, they'd like to put her outside.

Unfortunately her outside hutch is still at our house and it is very large/heavy and at the moment we have no way of transporting it.

So we have been looking at getting an outside hutch delivered to them, however, everything I am finding online is very small and very expensive and as we are having to stay in air bnb's, money is extremely tight.

If there is anyone who can help out or offer recommendations for an appropriate sized outside hutch at a reasonable price, we would be grateful.

Thank you.

Hi all,

Unfortunately we have had to flee/abandon our house due to fears over our safety.

Our rabbit is being looked after by some friends and they thankfully have an indoor hutch for her and are happy to let her roam free during the day. With the weather getting warmer, they'd like to put her outside.

Unfortunately her outside hutch is still at our house and it is very large/heavy and at the moment we have no way of transporting it.

So we have been looking at getting an outside hutch delivered to them, however, everything I am finding online is very small and very expensive and as we are having to stay in air bnb's, money is extremely tight.

If there is anyone who can help out or offer recommendations for an appropriate sized outside hutch at a reasonable price, we would be grateful.

Thank you.

Sorry that you are in such a stressful situation. Can your Rabbit not remain an indoor Rabbit ? As she is a single Rabbit she would be very lonely if housed outdoors :( That way you won’t have to buy another hutch and your Rabbit won’t be lonely outside. Very few hutches sold by retailers are large enough. Those that are won’t be cheap and they must have a large run attached and safe to have access to 24/7.

I'm really sorry to hear about your situation. You might want to check out local classified ads or social media groups for used hutches. Sometimes people are looking to rehome pet supplies at a lower cost or even for free. It's worth a shot to find something more affordable. Take care and I hope your rabbit is doing well.

Back