• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Attempting to find a companion..

I'm glad he's getting another chance, though I'm surprised that they'd want to give up after only two tries just because your bunny is humping a lot during bonding? Was that the only problem?

That’s all I got told.. but by the sounds of it he was pretty to persistent. And I would hate for the other buns to feel stressed 😩

I am sorry he was sent home so quickly. You said she was upset, yet I would ask what that meant. How experienced was the rescue with bonding? I ask because they seem to expect an instant bond in a few hours and are only giving him one more chance.
I hope the next attempt is live at first sight!

Did they only try him with one Doe ?

Obviously it’s impossible to say for certain without witnessing the interaction myself, but completely abandoning the bonding at this stage seems a bit drastic if there hasn’t been a fight. An overnight break and try again the next day would be my approach.

But maybe the situation was more serious than it sounds, as I said, impossible to judge without witnessing the interaction first hand.

Another thing is that Spring time is the most challenging time of year to attempt bondings. ‘Spring Fever’ affects neutered Rabbits as well as those still entire. New introductions can get extra lively, especially at dawn and dusk.

I certainly wouldn’t abandon all hope that he can be bonded. Just maybe not to the Doe he met yesterday.

To be honest, this is the first time I have done any of this and I have put all my trust in the rescue. They have a really good write up, so maybe I just don’t know the full extent as I wasn’t there?

He always because a bit more destructive in spring so maybe in a few weeks he will mellow a bit?

The things we do for our pets! I feel exhausted haha!

To be honest, this is the first time I have done any of this and I have put all my trust in the rescue. They have a really good write up, so maybe I just don’t know the full extent as I wasn’t there?

He always because a bit more destructive in spring so maybe in a few weeks he will mellow a bit?

The things we do for our pets! I feel exhausted haha!

I think it’s only possible to judge the situation if it’s witnessed first hand. If the Doe did become exceptionally stressed then stopping was obviously the right thing to do. Rabbits can become very poorly due to stress.

Maybe the Rescue have other single Does they could try ?

Yes, this is exactly it!

I’ll give him a break for a few weeks, let the spring fever calm down, and then hopefully we can try again! It would be lovely if he does find someone! ❤️

I hope things will go better once some time has passed and he's got the spring fever out of his system, and that he gets a lovely friend at the end of this. 🥰

Back