• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Still chase after stress bonding

Great progress today with Oreo finally licks Ginger and no chasing so far!!

These 3 days I kept smearing banana on both rabbits head few times per day but could only see Ginger licked Oreo not other way round. Today, finally can see Oreo is licking Ginger's head. This makes Ginger very happy, even it is because of banana.

I am cleaning the hutch and neutralised it now. If there is no more chasing then maybe they can stay together tonight.

a4af075fb3f12bf2bc63d477c4bc702c.jpg

they look a lot happier together now so they should be ok together overnight. Hope tomorrow's update is good :thumb:

Thanks for all the advice, tonibun. I've put the pair into the hutch an hour ago and have checked them regularly. No chasing (no loose fur) and they are eating hay. Sure I will carry on checking them later tonight.

My plan is next week, i will let them stay in the hutch together in the night time and carry on in the pen outside in day time. How does that sound?

5d2fcf3777aca47f768e344c1c13da6a.jpg

ad3e3bc9814d256e592372df4bedf812.jpg

Thanks for asking, tonibun. Everything seems so well that make me think it's a dream. I didn't find any loose fur in the hutch (unless Ginger munch it) this morning and no chasing at all so far in the pen. They are snuggling side by side at the moment.[emoji1]

So how much longer I should wait to fully trust them?

bf1083f38ed0158bae7400d7b4274de9.jpg

cf90843e73c841e4a6f6651bb3de48a5.jpg

When can you fully trust them? Well I suppose when they have been together for about a week with no fall-outs. She certainly seems happy now but it is difficult to judge when they are asleep!

Not sure should I blame the British weather! Yesterday was such a dream day but this morning, because of the heavy rain, I just open the hutch door to let the pair run inside the greenhouse.

Ginger came out first but no Oreo. As soon as this girl went back to the hutch after a bit wandering, she pulled a bit of Oreo's back fur out. Poor Oreo was so scared and ran outside the hutch. Then I have noticed he has few bald patches on his back.

I have tried that twice and both time Oreo seems so scared that he would running away and stayed as far as possible.

I have got hay fever (not allergic to rabbits but the hay) so cannot stay in a closed greenhouse for too long. So at the moment I have locked Ginger inside the hutch while Oreo has the rest of greenhouse himself. At least they can still see and smell each other but no more chasing.

I know Ginger wants to be the boss and mount on him but little Oreo just wouldn't allow this. Apart from that they do have sweet moments and licking each other. I think it may take some time for Oreo recover from this fur trauma!

Sent from my M2 using Tapatalk

Last post because the pair has been great in the last 2 weeks. Oreo has settled in and loves stay close to Ginger all the time. I'm happy to see Ginger find a new friend after her partner Cookie died. Thanks for everyone's advice and helps.
1d94c2fbe4d1c30785170a253ca18bf6.jpg

1f8e6566612a8e15d72c080ae1d891ac.jpg

e1ddc6c12175e9aed7b7f8c3743867a9.jpg

f10aac40d4afcbb38c468707a6e1ef5a.jpg

So happy they are now friends! I wish it was the same for my bunnies :( can't wait til they are bonded again (fingers crossed)

Back