• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stasis; update, he's eating!

Pellets, water and a bit of fresh orange juice, microwaved for 30secs and mushed together. We know that amount of sugar isn't great, but it's only a little bit , and he has a major sweet tooth. He's also a stubborn little ass who will only eat what he enjoys. He spat out the entirety of the vets recovery mix so she took it upon herself to make him something that he might slightly enjoy (and that's not £17 ha)

That's interesting about the orange juice. I haven't heard of it being given to buns before, but of course oranges are perfectly safe and could possibly have a laxative effect because of the vitamin C content (as with humans).

I wouldn't worry in the slightest about sugar content - there's an awful lot more in Avipro :shock:

That's interesting about the orange juice. I haven't heard of it being given to buns before, but of course oranges are perfectly safe and could possibly have a laxative effect because of the vitamin C content (as with humans).

I wouldn't worry in the slightest about sugar content - there's an awful lot more in Avipro :shock:

I think she was just desperate to try get calories in him, and came up with a brilliant idea that he actually seemed to like! Although apparently he's fought against the syringe a lot tonight, so they've decided to see how much he eats through the day and still offer him some on an evening. He's got his sass (and his strength) back!
It could have helped as a laxative - he's been having some gross poos tonight, mum says "I think I've found the blockage" :shock: Apparently he was really windy yesterday, poor boy wouldn't have liked been so embarrassed!

Back