• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stasis; update, he's eating!

He's eating tiny amounts and drinking. Mum and dad are giving him diluted apple juice for some calories and extra hydration, and he tolerates that, so they're mixing it in with his recovery food tonight.

Apparently he's ok and relatively normal when he's out and about in the garden, but looks a bit subdued in his hutch? He's off to the vets again tomorrow morning, so we'll see what they say. I think it's positive that he's eating a bit, getting some calories in, and happy when he's out at least. I considered getting the train home today, but it's £100+ for me to get home, and mum rightly said that I couldn't do any more than they are. I'm very grateful that they're doing all that they are, they've literally spent the whole weekend with him, and dad's taking him to the vets before work tomorrow, then getting grandma to help my sister with meds through the day. When my parents come pick me up at the weekend, my grandparents will be on pet duty, so it's good that they will know what to do if anything happens.

Apparently he's done his nightly thumps for the first time since Thursday! He usually thumps EVERY night. Sometime between 9 and 10pm, there will be nothing in the garden, he's just done it for 7 years. That's got to be positive...

Apparently he's done his nightly thumps for the first time since Thursday! He usually thumps EVERY night. Sometime between 9 and 10pm, there will be nothing in the garden, he's just done it for 7 years. That's got to be positive...

Yes it does sound positive :)

There's some very positive things going on, so I should try not to worry if I were you, or you won't be able to sleep!

Yes it does sound positive :)

There's some very positive things going on, so I should try not to worry if I were you, or you won't be able to sleep!

Well upstairs are having a party, and last time it went on till 4:30am, so I doubt I'll get much sleep anyway!

Turns out mum purposely didn't tell me that he hadn't thumped since Thursday, so that just shows how much of a regular thing it is. I feel like any step towards his normal behaviour is good at the moment.
I'm planning to go paddleboarding tomorrow, after spending the last two days inside worrying, so hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. I do still wish I was at home to help though!

Dad just sent me a video of Sonic stuffing his face with hay :love: And he's not just nibbling gently, he's taking mouthfuls and pulling the hay around!

Last edited:
Dad took him to the vets again, just as a precaution (and it seemed too late to cancel!). He's had some fluids and gut stimulant, now he's back home drinking and nibbling :)

My sister doesn't have any exams today, so she'll be out to check him and give him attention regularly.

Apparently he's letting off some really bad ****... (the rabbit not dad!) He's still nibbling on grass and hay, he's drinking normally. Poos aren't right yet, but I imagine that might take a while

My sister's been spoiling the bunny! She's supposed to be revising for her last GCSE exams, but she's doing so much for Sonic too. She's created a homemade recovery mix, with guidance from the vet of course, been massaging his tummy, sneaking him his favourite foods, making sure he's drinking plenty and she's figured out a way to finally get him to accept the infacol. He likes her, you can tell!

She thinks the poos are getting more normal, he's finally cleaned the recovery food from his face (mum was very upset that he was so sticky) and he keeps eating hay. Mum also worried that he might explode soon if he doesn't poo...

I think we've cleared the worst. Me and mum were worried he wouldn't make it overnight on Saturday, it was awful. I'm going to give him the biggest cuddle next Monday!

My sister's been spoiling the bunny! She's supposed to be revising for her last GCSE exams, but she's doing so much for Sonic too. She's created a homemade recovery mix, with guidance from the vet of course, been massaging his tummy, sneaking him his favourite foods, making sure he's drinking plenty and she's figured out a way to finally get him to accept the infacol. He likes her, you can tell!

She thinks the poos are getting more normal, he's finally cleaned the recovery food from his face (mum was very upset that he was so sticky) and he keeps eating hay. Mum also worried that he might explode soon if he doesn't poo...

I think we've cleared the worst. Me and mum were worried he wouldn't make it overnight on Saturday, it was awful. I'm going to give him the biggest cuddle next Monday!

Lucky bunny :D

I'm so glad to hear things are getting so much better x

Great news :thumb: Remind me what's in your sister's recovery mix?

Pellets, water and a bit of fresh orange juice, microwaved for 30secs and mushed together. We know that amount of sugar isn't great, but it's only a little bit , and he has a major sweet tooth. He's also a stubborn little ass who will only eat what he enjoys. He spat out the entirety of the vets recovery mix so she took it upon herself to make him something that he might slightly enjoy (and that's not £17 ha)

Last edited:
I've been sent 2 videos this evening of him playing like normal in the garden :) Thanks for putting up with my constant posting and worrying, I just needed somewhere to write it down, I think. I'm counting down the days until I see him, I can't wait! I'm reducing his pellets even further to a small handful a day. He probably had maybe 2 1/2 or 3 handfuls before, but he always guilt tripped me into giving him more. Now he's had this episode, tough, I'm being harsh!

Back