• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Stasis again!

I'm absolutely devastated for you, I'm sobbing my eyes out. Please take comfort that you did everything you could for Truffy. He was just too shiney for this world. Binky free gorgeous sploofy Truff, a special RU bun Indeed. All my love to you, S, and Luther. You'll be in my thoughts all day xxx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

The vet said that this morning she went in and Luther was cuddling Truffle, but when they moved Luey it became obvious he passed away in the night.

We are devastated. And I don’t know where it all went wrong.

Thank you all for everything through this, we will be taking some time out to grieve. Still can’t believe he can be gone he was binkying last week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All my love and hugs.
No-one could have done more than you xx

Bless the little lad :love:

So sorry for your loss. It’s devastating. But reading the thread, it’s obvious that you did everything you could have for him. So sorry xxx

I am really sorry to read this, was hoping for better news as you were.

So very, very sorry :cry:

(((((((((( Hugs))))))))))) xx

Thank you all so much for your kindness at such a horrible time. It’s going to take a lot of healing after we get through today.

We are collecting the boys this afternoon and Truffle will lay to rest in our garden, we have a bench next to our cat Tigger so we can go and chat whenever we are sad or just feel like it.

I really appreciate everything everyone has done. Xx

I'm absolutely devastated for you, I'm sobbing my eyes out. Please take comfort that you did everything you could for Truffy. He was just too shiney for this world. Binky free gorgeous sploofy Truff, a special RU bun Indeed. All my love to you, S, and Luther. You'll be in my thoughts all day xxx

This made me cry my eyes out, but in a nice way....he really was too shiny for this world and must be destined for greater things.
He loved everyone on here and all the lovely compliments he got on his floof and sploofs.

Thank you so much for your kind words. Xx

So sorry for your loss. It’s devastating. But reading the thread, it’s obvious that you did everything you could have for him. So sorry xxx

Thank you, we are truly heart Broken. He was so young still and such a character a huge hole has been left.

Thank you so much, I really truly appreciate you saying that because you can’t help but visit a dark place where you wonder about every choice you made. It’s a comfort that people think it was the best we could have done xxx

We rang the vets to get a heads up on the cost of the last two days, the nurse Sam spoke to was one who had been looking after him and she cried down the phone with him.
Their care has been amazing and they were truly invested in his case.

They were devastated too and because of him passing in the night they have waved the recent charges ! I am overwhelmed and shocked at their kindness so will be getting them some goodies because they have been fantastic.

Has anyone got any advice on what to watch out for with Luther now? I know grief can be hard on them. X

I'm so sorry Truffly had to go. I think you made the right choices, sometimes all the love, vibes & medical care are not enough. Bless little Luther who I'm sure was comfort in his passing xx

We rang the vets to get a heads up on the cost of the last two days, the nurse Sam spoke to was one who had been looking after him and she cried down the phone with him.
Their care has been amazing and they were truly invested in his case.

They were devastated too and because of him passing in the night they have waved the recent charges ! I am overwhelmed and shocked at their kindness so will be getting them some goodies because they have been fantastic.

Has anyone got any advice on what to watch out for with Luther now? I know grief can be hard on them. X

Well in my experience unfortunately when Toby lost Millie to stasis he then went into stasis himself with stress.

Personally I would go home and move things about, maybe get some new toys, tunnels or activities and special noms. If you would like to bond Luther again I would start looking for a bun and applying as in my experience it took a while. Get pet remedy on for Luther. But mostly keep him interested in noms. I am not sure how Luther will cope, but maybe better than most as 1. I suspect he was aware of Truffys illness and 2. They had a turbulent bond (possibly caused by Truffys underlining illness)

That's really kind of the vets to do that for you. Maybe look at some insurance for Luther :) Maple is with Pet plan and Dennis is with Agria takes two minutes to do the forms online. You can choose the date for monthly payment too so they can be insuranced now but the payment will be due next month if that makes sense. I think Maples is £9 a month xx

Last edited:
I'm so sorry Truffly had to go. I think you made the right choices, sometimes all the love, vibes & medical care are not enough. Bless little Luther who I'm sure was comfort in his passing xx

Thank you, I just can’t believe it was his time :-( it’s not fair that he had all his life ahead of him still.

I hope so, and I’m glad Truffy wasn’t alone at the end xx

Absolutely devastating, I am so so sorry. He was so loved and you did everything possible to help him. He was stunningly beautiful. I am so sad it was his time to go. Hugs xx

Well in my experience unfortunately when Toby lost Millie to stasis he then went into stasis himself with stress.

Personally I would go home and move things about, maybe get some new toys, tunnels or activities and special noms. If you would like to bond Luther again I would start looking for a bun and applying as in my experience it took a while. Get pet remedy on for Luther. But mostly keep him interested in noms. I am not sure how Luther will cope, but maybe better than most as 1. I suspect he was aware of Truffys illness and 2. They had a turbulent bond (possibly caused by Truffys underlining illness)

That's really kind of the vets to do that for you. Maybe look at some insurance for Luther :) Maple is with Pet plan and Dennis is with Agria takes two minutes to do the forms online. You can choose the date for monthly payment too so they can be insuranced now but the payment will be due next month if that makes sense. I think Maples is £9 a month xx

That’s what I was worried about, but like you say the bond was still new ish again. But I’m so amazed at how Luther looked after him through it all, he truly loved him in the end which is just as devastating.

I haven’t spoken to Sam yet but as Luther is only 1 I think we will need to talk about getting him a friend, but I’ll wait till the right time as Sam is an emotional man so won’t want to think about it just yet bless him.

I definitely think we will look into insurance and I’m kicking myself we didn’t before now. Our cats are £6 each so thought bunnies were to expensive. But we will just bite the bullet and do it. Thanks I’ll look into those companies as I don’t think our cats insurers do bunnies. Xx

Absolutely devastating, I am so so sorry. He was so loved and you did everything possible to help him. He was stunningly beautiful. I am so sad it was his time to go. Hugs xx

Thank you for your kind words. I still just can’t believe it.

He was glorious and he was admired with his beautiful floof :-(
Thank you xx

Will they still give you the blood results? Your right he was absolutely "glorious"

Will they still give you the blood results? Your right he was absolutely "glorious"

That’s on my list of questions because I’d like to know in case there is something on there that helps.

Honestly he had people cooing over him and his glorious shiny fluff wherever we went <3

Going to collect them soon to settle Luey back in and put Truffy to rest so we can start to take the time to heal

So very sorry to hear this very sad news, my heart goes out to you and Luey. Binky free beautiful shiny Truffy xxxx

Back