• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Stasis again!

I let Luey go upstairs with the cats into the old bonding room and where we keep the old hutch the boys were in before they upgraded to the pen.

He definitely recognised smells in there and got obsessed with the hutch. But he also really enjoyed nosing about up there and wore himself out, so I think it was a good distraction. But I’m noticing he’s having, like us, good and bad days. He was very withdrawn yesterday but today he’s got a lot of energy and bouncing more.

Bless him.
I thought I’d share so you guys can see him doing ok, and better than I thought which is good <3

dee64d4c862f847fbf9733c8561bad85.jpg

c8fc1aa7d184f73bf85d8c6d9cff1f25.jpg

fa62b4050797c0d03d4c6118c322db33.jpg

3fa4062ff6cca82694a25628903cc3fe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's stunning. It makes sense that bunnies will feel pain of loss inconsistently, just like us

I let Luey go upstairs with the cats into the old bonding room and where we keep the old hutch the boys were in before they upgraded to the pen.

He definitely recognised smells in there and got obsessed with the hutch. But he also really enjoyed nosing about up there and wore himself out, so I think it was a good distraction. But I’m noticing he’s having, like us, good and bad days. He was very withdrawn yesterday but today he’s got a lot of energy and bouncing more.

Bless him.
I thought I’d share so you guys can see him doing ok, and better than I thought which is good <3

dee64d4c862f847fbf9733c8561bad85.jpg

c8fc1aa7d184f73bf85d8c6d9cff1f25.jpg

fa62b4050797c0d03d4c6118c322db33.jpg

3fa4062ff6cca82694a25628903cc3fe.jpg

Lovely photos of Luther.

I love his name too :)

How are you all doing? x

Is every bun okay? Xxx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Hi Loobers :)
So far Everybun is doing ok. Luther has his good days and not so good days (same as us) so I have been trying to both let him have time to reflect by himself and also give him more attention.
But he’s very cuddly with Brian (the stuffed toy bunny) and grooms him a lot.
But eating and drinking so that’s the main thing to me as it’s so fresh still.

Thank you for asking xxx

He's stunning. It makes sense that bunnies will feel pain of loss inconsistently, just like us

That’s exactly what I thought, the nurse I’ve never met when she gave us Truffle back and Luther said bunnies don’t grieve like people....which I thought was very odd!

Lovely photos of Luther.

I love his name too :)

How are you all doing? x

Thank you :-D

Yes we are big fans of the show!

We are ok thank you. I’m still finding it hard at times because I’m home and constantly reminded and feel for Luey too. But we are trying to keep busy and give him more attention and love. My friend who lives in Liverpool sent me a surprise care package for us and the animals because she loved Truffle and knew we’d be in pieces and she couldn’t be here, so lovely of her and it made us smile.

He’s definitely missing Truffy because he’s in love with Brian (the stuffed cuddly bunny) and cuddles him all the time and proper grooms him.
We gave Luther a pamper this morning and gave him a grooming session, which we’ve never done! He was so good and I’m pretty sure he enjoyed it too bless him <3 x

14c9358cd92ae93a556e2b17557d6555.jpg

b600c735c21a1c6ea2cef6d5b30801d4.jpg

42e12ce07a087353724155d2a0eeaf96.jpg

04f999b971daaf16ef8f99856502360c.jpg

Awww I'm so glad Luey is eating and everything is ok. That gift set is lovely, what a good friend xxx

Thank you :-D

Yes we are big fans of the show!

We are ok thank you. I’m still finding it hard at times because I’m home and constantly reminded and feel for Luey too. But we are trying to keep busy and give him more attention and love. My friend who lives in Liverpool sent me a surprise care package for us and the animals because she loved Truffle and knew we’d be in pieces and she couldn’t be here, so lovely of her and it made us smile.

He’s definitely missing Truffy because he’s in love with Brian (the stuffed cuddly bunny) and cuddles him all the time and proper grooms him.
We gave Luther a pamper this morning and gave him a grooming session, which we’ve never done! He was so good and I’m pretty sure he enjoyed it too bless him <3 x

14c9358cd92ae93a556e2b17557d6555.jpg

b600c735c21a1c6ea2cef6d5b30801d4.jpg

42e12ce07a087353724155d2a0eeaf96.jpg

04f999b971daaf16ef8f99856502360c.jpg

What a lovely thoughtful present from your friend :love:

I am glad you are all bearing up. The grief comes in waves and is hard, but Luthur looks like he's doing OK at the moment.

Hugs for you all xx

Awww I'm so glad Luey is eating and everything is ok. That gift set is lovely, what a good friend xxx

Me too! I was so worried because I know they weren’t rebonded for long but because he hugged Truffle through him passing I had no idea how he’d be affected after.
We are going to view some rabbits this week, but I’m being very choosy because I want the future bond to be as smooth as possible for Luther.

She really is! Sam and I had a cry but in a good way because it was so thoughtful. Xxx

What a lovely thoughtful present from your friend :love:

I am glad you are all bearing up. The grief comes in waves and is hard, but Luthur looks like he's doing OK at the moment.

Hugs for you all xx

It was bless her! She said she wished she could be here so that was the best thing she could think of :)

Thank you <3 yes it definitely feels like waves, I think I’m finally moving along the grieving process a bit and it then just comes back again. Yes he seems to be, he’s quite hard to read although his ears are expressive, if they are in helicopter position then we’re good lol!

Aww thank you xx

Aww thank you. He really was <3

Well now I’m really glad for this comment because we finally had the stomach to properly discuss the new bunny friend idea last night after a good weep.

I appreciate you sharing your experience because we were thinking about speed dating and wondered if it would be super stressful plus he’s had Syphilis and there’s not 100% certainty it’s cured until he’s stressed enough to either come out or not....so I don’t want to risk potentially, bunnies waiting for new lives.

Our thinking is currently very split, but as I say it’s our first real talk about it. Basically we know adoption is the best moral choice and gives another bunny a chance, but we also have to consider the fact we also have cats which will probably be very new to a rescue, the rescue ones seen so far are 30-40 miles away so we’d have to just go for it at Hope he fancies them, we want a similar age because Luey is so spritly, and there aren’t many that seem suitable for him so far. Yes your totally correct he was the more aggressive because he didn’t trust other bunnies after being bullied.
However with a rescue you do have the advantage of them knowing the personality, whereas a baby bun or youngster their personality may not show yet.

Sorry I’m rambling! Just so much to consider and the thought of going through the bonding process with them being upstairs for a few months etc etc is just a bit draining.

Thanks for your help I really appreciate it! Xxx

I have just had to make a similar decision for Dillon. We travelled to the RSPCA in Wales for a female bunny, she was a meat rabbit and had never met other animals. The RSPCA were happy to rehome to us despite having two cats and a dog. Dillon was really struggling without a pal but not being confident in bonding we sent him away with his new wife to be bonded. This was a big mistake (for Dilly) as he got really stressed, however Susan would have been fine with the bonder.
It is a really hard decision and one we made for Dillon - it is not a smooth ride for us as Dilly is a diva but a decision that I think Dillon will eventually be thankful for.

Your card to the vets is so lovely as is the thoughtful present from your friend - it just takes such a long time to stop weeping doesnt it xxx

sweet photo of you all bonding. What a thoughtful friend too xx

Thank you :) they have been enjoying their time upstairs and Luther seems to enjoy their company at the moment, especially Flashheart our black and white cat, they playfully chase each other <3

I know bless her! Xx

I have just had to make a similar decision for Dillon. We travelled to the RSPCA in Wales for a female bunny, she was a meat rabbit and had never met other animals. The RSPCA were happy to rehome to us despite having two cats and a dog. Dillon was really struggling without a pal but not being confident in bonding we sent him away with his new wife to be bonded. This was a big mistake (for Dilly) as he got really stressed, however Susan would have been fine with the bonder.
It is a really hard decision and one we made for Dillon - it is not a smooth ride for us as Dilly is a diva but a decision that I think Dillon will eventually be thankful for.

Your card to the vets is so lovely as is the thoughtful present from your friend - it just takes such a long time to stop weeping doesnt it xxx

Aww bless her! Poor bunny, at least she was saved thought.
Oh that’s really good to know that they were ok about you having other pets.
So had Dilly not been bonded away before? Or was it just stressful this time he went away because of his recent loss?
Aww poor Dilly bless him, he’s so sweet! I think given the circumstances he’s allowed to be a bit diva at the moment <3

We may have found an RSPCA rescue to look at! I’ll post about it below.

Ah thank you, the vet team and everyone loved it I’m told so I’m so glad it was well received.
It really does, and it makes me question myself all the time too because it’s so fresh, but I know a friend would probably be good for Luey xxx

Yes :cry: xx

So just to put some feelers out, we have organised to view some baby/young buns this week with two different people.

Then last night I tried once more to scour the Internet for a rescue that might suit. And bingo, there she was! She’s a bit further away (1 hr 15) but we are trying to enquire about her. Unfortunately I think the Walsall branch doesn’t have many staff members and largely volunteers, so struggling to get through. But we will keep at it and see if we can visit her too

22c790932f6edbe30f5ff4cd183d3f8c.jpg

She is beautiful:love: I think Becky86 on here has connections or fosters/works for Walsall RSPCA so it might be worth dropping her a PM?

She is beautiful:love: I think Becky86 on here has connections or fosters/works for Walsall RSPCA so it might be worth dropping her a PM?

Isn’t she! <3

Oh really?!
Thank you so much, I’ll send her a message now :-D x

Back