• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Starting to introduce veg!! Help!!!

someones already said before that if its like that when dry its fine.. your wee would be like that if you ate what a rabbit ate and left it to dry

Oh right. Thanks. That's put my mind at rest. I'll start on the veg straight away. I'll give a postage stamp size for the first day, right? and then increase slowly. How much veg do you give in the end? I know you give 3 varieties of veg a day, but how much of each? And I introduce each new veg slowly.

They don't need much veg - mine just have a couple inches of carrot, half a big leaf of spring greens and a small knob of brocolli every day - it's best to keep to the same veg and feed daily, rather than changing it about.

By 'introduce slowly' is meant over 2 weeks on one type of veg, going from a mouthful to full portion - if you rush it you just make it slower in the end as it upsets their tums.

I tried spring greens with the girls tonight. Milly loved it as I thought she would, but Molly turned her nose up at it. She did taste it but spat it back out again. So what I was thinking of doing was to give Milly the veg and introduce her with the veg, and when I start to introdcue a new veg to Milly, try Molly with that. Just keep trying different veg until I find one she likes. I bet she'll like fruit though, cos of all the sugar in it.

And the girls are definitely feeling their old selves. Milly tried to climb out of the run when I opened the run roof. Cheeky madam!!:rolleyes: I was so shocked I had to just push her back in and unfortunately she landed on the boredom breaker, which is not the most comfortable thing to land on :shock: . She seemed fine afterwards, giving me loads of kisses and eating and running around. Will keep an eye on her legs over the next 24 hours to check nothing develops.

Last edited:
I would just persevere with Molly.

Feed them both seperately for now as that way you can gradually increase Milly's veg each day. Try Molly again with a small piece this evening, just keep trying and trying :roll:

Good idea to try Molly with the new veg each time you introduce it to Milly.

How many pellets does Molly get, she may be overfeeding on them?

Ok. They both share the bowl of pellets. They seem to get about half of the bowl each. They sort of take turns in eating a pellet. :lol: Molly's a good hay eater, better than Milly.

SS is alfalfa based and alfalfa is high in calcium. Maybe thats it?

Our bun started on Selective Science and she had white sludgie pee, we changed her gradually over to excel and not had problem since. Vet said it could be the alfafa in the SS and that she is sensitive to it. Sludgy pee not good in the long run for them.

Back