• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Spare vibes please/ He is home :D

Just had an update, he has done more poos :D They are still black, the VN said they were sticky to touch and possibly covered in clear mucus but they are very small so its hard to tell. He still won't eat of his own accord though.

At least he passing poos so his gut is moving :) my parsley wouldn't eat himself for 4 days when he was admitted but they kept feeding him and then he started eating :)

More poos sound like good news. I wonder why they are covered in mucus.

Keeping up vibes for Bilbo, and thinking of you. xx

More poos sound like good news. I wonder why they are covered in mucus.

Keeping up vibes for Bilbo, and thinking of you. xx

Its suggestive of enteritis an inflammation of the gut lining, humans can get that too.

The good news is, I've had a really positive call and Bilbo has been eating of his own accord, he ate 4 single pellets really slowly, taking his time chewing them. He also ate quite a bit of parsley and a few strands of hay. Its not much but it is an excellent start. The nurse she went to syringe him some oxbow powder as usual and he was really wriggly and wouldn't be held whereas when he was worse yesterday he was far too easy to handle and feed. So that made her think he might eat of his own accord. If all goes well he could come home tomorrow but for now he is staying in until his poos improve and they have seen him eat more. I am so glad we did not have to down the enema route.

Thank you again for all your vibes everyone. If you have any extra ones please send them for a full recovery.

Guess who is on my lap :D

Bilbo seems to be in the clear now. He ate his pellets, hay and some caecotrophs which is a truly good sign. His gut is up and running again :D I am adding avipro plus to his water for the next few days. When he heard me open the tub he ran towards in anticipation of it being food, just like he used to do :D I've also got some extra recovery sachets in case it happens again but hopefully from here on things will be fine. My regular vet reckons Bilbo is going to be more prone to some sort of stasis because of his long thick fur so I will have to start grooming him myself so that he does not ingest too much fur.

Thank you for all your support everyone :)

It really is, I am so happy. Bilbo along with his wife Maisie were OH and my first buns together so they are extra special. It just breaks my heart to see any of them so ill and vulnerable. The sun is shining today for the first time in days so I think I will let him have a little run outdoors.

Back