• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Spare vibes please/ He is home :D

:( Do they know what's causing it? Sending more vibes...

He might have hair bolus. Yesterday I bought dill for the first time in ages and gave everybun some of that, its the only new thing he has had that may have caused it. All the buns have a 90% hay/grass diet so I'm certain its not from that, excluding the dill though. Bilbo has had stasis before and it was a hair bolus which caused it. He is very fluffy, a lionhead, all his long hair makes him look bigger than he really is. So there is a strong possibility it is that. I called them again and Bilbo has finally done a little pee. He also lapped up some water containing avipro plus and oxbow critical care of his own accord which is a good sign. There is talk of an enema to get this potential hairball out but I'm not sure. None of my buns have ever had that before and it sounds painful and stressful tbh. Not sure what to say to them about that.

Thank you everyone for your vibes and kind thoughts. Bilbo has passed some small black poos this morning, apparently they have come out in two as in two poos stuck together. They are ever so slightly soft, no mucus present but tangled up with lots of white fur. There was one particularly large fur/poo mass which might have been the culprit. He is still not eating or drinking of his own accord sadly but they are syringe feeding him some Oxbow formula. I worried about him not eating, in the time he hasn't eaten could his teeth have grown and formed little spurs which means it might be sore to eat? He won't be allowed home until he shows signs of eating and drinking by himself but hopefully we are on the road to recovery.

Back