• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Space is so important..

The thing is even if rabbits sleep or doze for a lot of the day, giving them the choice of what they do is, to me, the most important things which is why mine will always be freerange.

I thought I was a bit OTT about "buns need to run = a lot of space to do it"
I also think they are very bright & need something "going on" around them to keep them interested, or they "withdraw" from the world.
Full agreement with you here.

When Ted was little we got into a routine of putting him to sleep at night in his cage (120cm) The whole day he was out and about, but come night time he'd snuggle up quite happy in his cage. I think he has never gone bonkers because he knew he would be out the next day to go flop in his favourite place...usually not to appear for most the day (well...Frenchies are lazy!!) Even now, he hops about during the day and has no problem going in his 7ft hutch at night!

...He is my angel though, so it'll be interesting to see how baby bun is!

I know exactly what you mean. My buns are in restricted space at the moment for bonding and litter training, so they've got a 44 inch dog crate and then about 4ft by 6ft space fenced off in the lounge (with a sandwich of rugs, plastic ground sheet, and blankets to protect the carpet from wee!). I know it'll only be for a short while but I am struggling with seeing them cooped up, and thats actually quite a big space! Lavender (my bun of 5 years) keeps climbing up the bars and looking at me although to say 'what the :censored: is going on!', it doesn't seem to both her new friend at all so I guess its what they get used to as much as anything.

I also think they are very bright & need something "going on" around them to keep them interested, or they "withdraw" from the world.
Full agreement with you here.

Yes, and new things. I went out and got them some tunnels today and some other bits, initially they were all over them, now they've got a bit bored and have gone back in to sleep. :roll: :lol:

Back