• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sooo Pleased UPDATE 7th Feb just had a call

Just had a phone call they have managed to contain the adult that was left and they have found 5 babies (all are still alive:D) so I am going in the morning to get them all (hopefully):D

Whoo, great news. Lucky bunnies getting warmth and shelter just when they need it, poor babies if they hadn't been rounded up

There's going to be quite a head count, with all the babes :shock:

aww brilliant, well done:D poor little things the last few days must have been terrible for them. but now they have food water and somewhere dry they must feel so much better :D

Well done Kay. Its great the babies were found.

When Lorna (Greenfields) did the Oxford buns, she found she had taken back a lactating doe to the rescue. She knew there must be babies and she then demolished the shed on the property and found the babies underneath alive.

Thank goodness you have managed to save them all - you couldn't have rescued them at a better time with all this awful weather - well done!

If this rescue as taught me something then it as taught me that there are some really good, kind people in this world as if it hadn't been for a couple of residents from where these rabbits were they would all be dead. These residents have fed and cared for them as their own even though they couldn't catch them and only 1 rabbit didn't make it (it got run over ) but these two residents told the person off for driving to fast and to be more careful and to look out for them in future.
Gayle (mum2buns) as been absolutely brilliant even when she as been with me in a professional capacity she as still got stuck in and helped me every step of the way. I really couldn't have done any of this without her and the two residents - so there really are some good guys (not many but a few;))

I am going back up in about half an hour as I managed to get only one baby and I won't settle until I have the rest:? So wish me luck guys

Good luck with getting the babies, and well done for saving all these bunnies. You're an angel :)

Well all the babies had gone to ground (don't blame them it was freezing) One of the residents managed to catch the last adult but I was convinced that it was the mums of the babies so I made the decision to put her back where I knew the babies are but they are all contained now together and they only have one way out. I put a load of straw and hay underneath this poor chaps shed so I knew they would all have bedding to snuggle up in until I go this morning and hopefully get them:D

Well all the babies had gone to ground (don't blame them it was freezing) One of the residents managed to catch the last adult but I was convinced that it was the mums of the babies so I made the decision to put her back where I knew the babies are but they are all contained now together and they only have one way out. I put a load of straw and hay underneath this poor chaps shed so I knew they would all have bedding to snuggle up in until I go this morning and hopefully get them:D

Hope you can get them.

Back