• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Something wrong with Bubbles U/D 29/8 Jackpot!!

I've been sat watching her for the last couple of hours and she's been grooming the blankets. Could she be doing this because she's missing Barney (they had to be seperated because of the size of her wound and because she is so poorly) She's been doing it on and off but was doing it for half an hour solid just now.

She's still not eating. just tried her with some carrot and she hopped off back to the litter tray. I guess moving around by herself is a good sign right??

I've been sat watching her for the last couple of hours and she's been grooming the blankets. Could she be doing this because she's missing Barney (they had to be seperated because of the size of her wound and because she is so poorly) She's been doing it on and off but was doing it for half an hour solid just now.

She's still not eating. just tried her with some carrot and she hopped off back to the litter tray. I guess moving around by herself is a good sign right??

Constant licking can be a sign of oral pain.
Was she intubated during her op' ? If so she may have sustained damage to her throat. If its ulcerated/infected she wont eat.

Is she on abx and analgesia ?

She's on Metacam, Metaclop and critical care, no antibiotics. She wasn't tubed (you mean for the anaesthetic?) and I did ask for her teeth to be checked while she was under.

Back to the vets methinks?

I have spoken to my vet who doesn't think there are any problems with her throat. She has put it down to seperation anxiety but has said I should keep her seperate for the time being. She wan't to see bubbles again if she hasn't started eating for herself in the next 24 hours. She was spayed on monday so this is day 6 now :?

I have spoken to my vet who doesn't think there are any problems with her throat. She has put it down to seperation anxiety but has said I should keep her seperate for the time being. She wan't to see bubbles again if she hasn't started eating for herself in the next 24 hours. She was spayed on monday so this is day 6 now :?

Is she pooing ?
Is she having an anti GI Ulcer med (Ranitidine/Cimetidine)
What dose of Metacam is she on and how much does she weigh ?

Timmy has started constantly licking me since his accident, which I found strange as all he did before was chew holes in my clothe and nip me.

I really hope she picks up soon. Sending lots of eating vibes x

She weighs 2.9kg and is having a 4.5kg dose of metacam. She is pooing and I'm syringing her with critical care. I've also got the science recovery but CC is easier to syringe, the metoclop is 2ml 3 times a day thats all she's having, not the other drugs you mentioned.

Well good news I think! I let her have a little run outside with Barney and she started nibbling at some grass. Barney went in to have some nuggets and she followed and started eating with him. I think I'll keep them together during the day and just bring her in for the evening. They were grooming each other as soon as they saw each other!

Bubbles is now eating for herself with or with out Barney. I think she's finally on the mend but I'm not going to hold my breath just incase.

Thank you to everyone for the advice/reassurance and vibes XX

Back