• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Snuffle Snuffle

InspectorMorse

Wise Old Thumper
fSUetaq.jpg

MYDblEp.jpg

Aww, what a cute...um...what is that, Jane? A pad for Morse's bed? I've never seen one like that, it's adorable. :love:
And Morse is handsome as always. I bet his meaty nuggets smell better than the dried anchovies. :thumb: xxxxx

Aww, what a cute...um...what is that, Jane? A pad for Morse's bed? I've never seen one like that, it's adorable. :love:
And Morse is handsome as always. I bet his meaty nuggets smell better than the dried anchovies. :thumb: xxxxx

It’s a snuffle mat. You hide treats in the felt loops and this encourages a lot of sniffing them out. A bit of brain work. 10 minutes of brain work equates to half an hour of physical exercise as far as mental stimulation goes. That’s why it’s so important to allow dogs to do lots of sniffing when they are out on a walk. It makes me sad when I see people drag their dogs along every time the dog stops to sniff something.

It’s a snuffle mat. You hide treats in the felt loops and this encourages a lot of sniffing them out. A bit of brain work. 10 minutes of brain work equates to half an hour of physical exercise as far as mental stimulation goes. That’s why it’s so important to allow dogs to do lots of sniffing when they are out on a walk. It makes me sad when I see people drag their dogs along every time the dog stops to sniff something.

Really? I've never heard of a snuffle mat before. Where do you find them? :shock: Jenna can't really do hard treats but she's got a sharp nose and would probably enjoy bits of soft chews hidden in something like that. (Goodness knows she keeps rooting around in the bedclothes thinking she's found something I didn't manage to wipe off her snoot!)

I agree with the sniffing and walking. Sadly this is a problem we have with Ebon because if she starts sniffing something it usually goes in her mouth. :roll: But I bet she'd enjoy a snuffle mat. :)

Really? I've never heard of a snuffle mat before. Where do you find them? :shock: Jenna can't really do hard treats but she's got a sharp nose and would probably enjoy bits of soft chews hidden in something like that. (Goodness knows she keeps rooting around in the bedclothes thinking she's found something I didn't manage to wipe off her snoot!)

I agree with the sniffing and walking. Sadly this is a problem we have with Ebon because if she starts sniffing something it usually goes in her mouth. :roll: But I bet she'd enjoy a snuffle mat. :)

https://www.greatpetcare.com/feeding-bowls/6-best-snuffle-mats-for-dogs/

:D

Thanks for the links, ladies! :) This looks like a really good idea for my two girls. The hardest thing will be making sure I don't "overtreat" them. :lol:

Aww, that first pic on Jane's link...does the cute corgi puppy come with the mat? ;)

Thanks for the links, ladies! :) This looks like a really good idea for my two girls. The hardest thing will be making sure I don't "overtreat" them. :lol:

Aww, that first pic on Jane's link...does the cute corgi puppy come with the mat? ;)

I doubt it !!

Back