• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Snowdrop looks so sad

No. We have tried several times to bond her but she is extremly aggressive to other bunnys without being provoked. She also doesn't like human company!

:( I hope she will be ok outside alone, they get so much more company indoors, even the everyday noises etc :( They get so lonely outside by themselves :(

ETA: Is it just Bungle and Strawbs shes been tried with?

She will settle. Ben hated the outdoors, i had to no choice and eventually he has begun to love it.

I agree she may not of met the right bun yet, so i wouldnt rule it out.

:)

Maybe she just hasn't met the right Bun yet.
Maybe she'd get along with a Baby Doe ??

For the baby does sake there is no way I would try her. Jill at honeybunnys tried her with Bungle and she was extremly aggressive, she has also been tried with Strawberry and again lunged onto him straight away.

She doesnt even allow another bunny near her so its not that their personailities dont match, its straight away full aggression and locking on.

I would love for her to be with either Strawberry or Bungle. I hate having single bunnies so much, especially when I know some people on here think badly of me for keeping them this way.

:( I hope she will be ok outside alone, they get so much more company indoors, even the everyday noises etc :( They get so lonely outside by themselves :(

ETA: Is it just Bungle and Strawbs shes been tried with?

Snowdrop has always lived upstairs in our bedroom away from us. She gets stressed out by noise and doesnt like comings and goings. She will run and hide when we come up to bed and only come out once we are asleep and its quiet again.

Yes she has only been tried with Bungle and Strawberry. She was bonded fine with Strawbs (apart from his bullying) but after they had a fight she became very aggressive.

could you not try her with another bun? as trying with only Bungle and Strawberry and then giving up doesnt seem right?

could you not try her with another bun? as trying with only Bungle and Strawberry and then giving up doesnt seem right?

My problem is I have 3 single buns. Each of them deserves a partner but I dont want/have time or money for 6 bunnies. If I got them friends and they later fell out, as Snow and Straws did, then I couldnt keep any more singles.

My first priority for a partner is Strawberry as he also lives outside on his own (not that he is bothered, he loves life) and he isnt usually aggressive, just bossy!

Bungle has never had a partner so he also deserves a chance to be with someone.

I know its not ideal, and I have defended myself on here many a time over it. I have considered rehoming them to give them a chance to have a partner but because of the health needs of Snowdrop and Bungle I feel they are better with me.

I agree some buns can live happily alone.
But as she has been bonded before?

Am sure you will do right by her whatever you decide :)

I must admit that I hadn't realised she was to go outside and also to always remain alone :cry:

As I have said Jane, I know its not ideal, I would love for her to have a partner.

However 6 rabbits is too much for me. I work full time, dont have the money and I also dont want them to totally take over my life. Selfish probably, but for now its how it needs to be.

My problem is I have 3 single buns. Each of them deserves a partner but I dont want/have time or money for 6 bunnies. If I got them friends and they later fell out, as Snow and Straws did, then I couldnt keep any more singles.

My first priority for a partner is Strawberry as he also lives outside on his own (not that he is bothered, he loves life) and he isnt usually aggressive, just bossy!

I know its not ideal, and I have defended myself on here many a time over it. I have considered rehoming them to give them a chance to have a partner but because of the health needs of Snowdrop and Bungle I feel they are better with me.

You don't need to defend yourself hun, you are doing right by all of them x

If strawberry is so happy, why is he priority?

I am not having ago, its just difficult to "talk" on here :)

You dont have to defend yourself, there your buns :)

Where did Snowdrop come from?

If strawberry is so happy, why is he priority?

I am not having ago, its just difficult to "talk" on here :)

I suppose he isnt now Snowdrop is outside, I just dont want any other bun to be hurt when trying to bond her. She was horrible to Bungle and Strawberry.

I would like to try Bungle and Strawberry again but when Jill tried it Strawbs was just being a bully and Bungle was getting stressed.

I suppose he isnt now Snowdrop is outside, I just dont want any other bun to be hurt when trying to bond her. She was horrible to Bungle and Strawberry.

I would like to try Bungle and Strawberry again but when Jill tried it Strawbs was just being a bully and Bungle was getting stressed.

male on male? maybe it isnt meant to be?

I know how your feeling, its stressful and i totally understand about six buns. :wave:

male on male? maybe it isnt meant to be?

I know how your feeling, its stressful and i totally understand about six buns. :wave:

Bungle and Strawberry are both male, Snowdrop is female. Strawberry will attack when provoked, but isn't aggressive intially. Bungle is a wuss and gets stressed easily.

To be honest I think maybe I should rehome them. That way at least they will be able to have a friend.

Bungle and Strawberry are both male, Snowdrop is female. Strawberry will attack when provoked, but isn't aggressive intially. Bungle is a wuss and gets stressed easily.

To be honest I think maybe I should rehome them. That way at least they will be able to have a friend.

Dont be daft. Could the rescue help with Snowdrop?

:wave: Mine are going out next week I think - Im dreading it too but im waiting to see what Im going to do with MIttens..

I feel for you - Ive considered what to do if Mittens doesnt bond back into the group and I cant afford another bun so either its a case of keeping her single or rehoming her :cry::cry:
Its so so difficult, you will do what you think is right and thats all you can do - give her a few days and see how she goes... she might really come round to being outside

Don't beat yourself up about having 3 single rabbits, you give them a fantastic life, imagine how they COULD be living in another home!

I had Sooty outside on her own for all her life and I have Louie on his own, albeit as a houserabbit.

Sometimes, things don't work out 100% perfectly but I'm sure that all of your rabbits enjoy a brilliant life with you.

I'm sure Snowdrop will be ok outside as she will eventually settle. If Strawberry seems happy and Snowdrop is so aggressive I think I would try getting Snowdrop a friend firstly maybe try a speed dating with a few buns and if it doesn't work out get Bungle a friend.

I also have 2 singles at present. I do worry about Waffle getting lonely but OH refuses to get her a partner especially with her ongoing stasis issues costing us the money. She is inside though and I try to spend as much time with her as I possibly can.

Radish is in the living room so gets loads of attention. I do wish they would both fit in the living room but sadly there isn't room.

Back